Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony A7R V
Impressive, it's impressive. Whether it really delivers, we'll see. In the meantime I'd say that Sony is really "aggressive" towards competition as e.g. IBIS and pixel hires try to fill the gap with other manufacturers' models.
But also the price is impressive. After the latest rumours about Canon/Nikon DSLR, I see many photographers that aren't really fond to the optical viewfinder and would be happy to switch, but are kept back by prices (especially in these times).
Yes, APS-C is less expensive, but still expensive in absolute figures. The a6600 might be worth its price, but it's the only APS-C camera with IBIS and being the trend to have most lenses without OSS, I understand that one is not happy to start a new system buying a 1400€ camera body because it's the only one that won't be obsolete for a relevant feature in a few years. Yes, the a6500 can be bought used for less than 900€, but it's also obsolete for other reasons.
I wonder whether Sony is going to introduce a mid-level APS-C camera for a reasonable price.

PS The Sony A7R V is really different from the original Sony A7R. Why are they using a progressive "mark" number instead of a different name (such as A8R)?
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.