•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
confirmed prices for Nikon 19f4 PCE and 70-200f2.8 VR
Well, not many 19mm tiltshift lenses for FF are availabable for Nikon mount. Schneider's shortest FL starts at 28 mm and Hartblei at 40 mm

Quote:BC.  This FL change at close distances has plagued all but the Canon 70-200mm zooms, where do you glean that Nikon had corrected this effect on their new 70-200? I couldn't see reference to it.
No, that is not really true.

The Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8's did not have the widening of the FOV near MFD. The AF-S 70-200mm f2.8 VR did not have that either. No Sony (A or FE mount) has shown it. The old Pentax 80-200mm f2.8 did not either. Nor does the Nikkor 70-200mm f4 VR. Or the older Sigma 70-200mm's. Or the Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro.

Only 3 lenses in this class do: The Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 USD VC, the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM OS  (to lesser extent I think?) and the Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f2.8 VR II.

The specs of the new Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f2.8E FL VR tell the story (1.1m MFD 0.21x max. mag.).

AF-S 70-200mm f2.8 VR II: 1.4m MFD, 0.12x max. mag. .

Quote:Well, not many 19mm tiltshift lenses for FF are availabable for Nikon mount. Schneider's shortest FL starts at 28 mm and Hartblei at 40 mm
Very true, for some that's likely the best news about the lens. Several pros I know, who shoot Nikon, usually rented a Canon body with the TS-E 17 if they needed a wider than 24mm TS lens for a specific job...

The price for the PC-E 19 is a bit steep, though...

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:The price for the PC-E 19 is a bit steep, though...

-- Markus
Wow indeed... I had not noticed that. The Canon TS-E 17mm f4 L currently costs $2150, and I just assumed the price of this new Nikkor PC-E would be in the same ballpark. But $3400.... Ouch.  :o
3400 $ is a bargain compared to what Nikon Switzerland asks for: 4078.- CHF (4120.-$)   :lol:

For that money one can decide to rent or buy the Canon version  ^_^

So they finally went on to have Canon specs for these two lenses, at x1.5 the price of Canon. Well done Smile.

I just wonder whether Nikon now also has a fluorite factory, or generally, where they get their fluorite.

Canon grows their own fluorite crystals, and have always guarded the process with extreme secrecy.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
I expected someone to say that the PC-E is only 19mm while the Canon - released a few years ago already - is a more impressive FL of 17mm.  Wink

The price, well... one could almost get a Canon TS-E and a Canon body to go with it.  Rolleyes (say, a used 5D Mark II; since it's a MF lens anyway the slow AF doesn't mean a thing).

Quote:I expected someone to say that the PC-E is only 19mm while the Canon - released a few years ago already - is a more impressive FL of 17mm.  Wink

The price, well... one could almost get a Canon TS-E and a Canon body to go with it.  Rolleyes (say, a used 5D Mark II; since it's a MF lens anyway the slow AF doesn't mean a thing).
Or a new 6D?
Quote:Or a new 6D?
Right.

Then again, there goes the "Nikon announced nothing for Photokina, Nikon must be on the deathbed" notion expressed around here lately. They could've safely announced these lenses during that show - they risked nothing since they didn't have to ship them right away. If they didn't, that means they just didn't want to (for whatever reasons).

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next