Quote:Come on, Rover:Well, a rumor doesn't make a lens - I don't need to tell anyone that not all rumors turn out to be true. I'm not entirely sure of how much the new 70-200 is different from the old one, though - the existing one was already very good (but the new one surely isn't just repackaging as you claim - since it has fluorite elements, there must've been changes to the optics). The 105/1.4 is a one of a kind lens, and a great one any way you slice it. The non-SLR stuff, sorry, I'm not watching it that closely.
did I forgot something? The usual problems of new-to-market bodies like Dave's D500? Shiny successful brands do have more convincing items im their portfolio.
- the 19 mm PC was a rumor for longer than one year,
- the 70-200 is just a bit new wine in old barrels, expensive Made in China glass
- the 105/1.4 already is beyond the price range of most Nikon owners,
- the "high-end point&shoot" DL-series are delayed due to thermal problems
- the action cameras have to convince some GoPro users and the drones are already the next hot shit in town
- nothing for the 1 series
Cute is a D5500 Astrology version - but this is not made by Nikon... An italian manufacturer does this alternative to D810A at 2/3 of the price, but with a cooling element to the sensor.
I do agree that the prices have gone through the roof...