Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a 14 inch ultrabook, good enough for photo editing ?
Photo 
After 2 weeks using Huawei 14s, I can easily say, I am very happy with my purchase, not just value for money (actually Huawei Qatar slashed price from 5200 QAR=1330 EUR to 2800 QAR=730 EUR over one week) with modern core i7 and 16Gb of RAM nothing to complain about unless you are using DXO deep prime XD noise reduction that should be a killer for any CPU IMHO.
2.5K is way better than FHD and 2X3 aspect ratio is most welcome by far better than the classic 16X9 in other laptops, after calibration the colors are very accurate, it's the same colors I see on both screens and prints.
to make things even better, one week later Huawei slashed the price of their flagship display from 3000 QAR to only 1000QAR=257 EUR
here too 2X3 proportion is awesome the screen does offer 4K plus 400 extra pixels of height (4K+ 2,560 pixels tall and 3,840 pixels wide) it has a wide gamut and excellent USB-C connectivity with the laptop, the good surprise, it reverse charges the laptop and I plug a keyboard and mouse in the screen USB ports they act as if they were plugged in the laptop.
I am more than happy with my setup actually, it is better than what I was expecting

Here's how my photo editing station looks like using DPP, in extended mode, you can see 10 megapixels for the 7D2 that's zooming at 50% ideal to check sharpness and detail, extended mode allows to see the whole photo without palettes obstructing, it's even better than what I was looking for

[Image: attachment.php?aid=188]

Attached Files
.jpeg   WhatsApp Image 2023-03-01 at 18.16.56.jpeg (Size: 115.88 KB / Downloads: 30)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is a 14 inch ultrabook, good enough for photo editing ? - by toni-a - 03-01-2023, 03:17 PM