Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lenses hoarding disorder, who else is affected ?
Seems I am affected with this disease...

collecting lenses...

In my profession (medicine) we have patient support groups where patients meet with other patient having the same disease, I think I need a support group.

Thanks GOD, my job is well paid and I can afford all those lenses  Tongue

Rover I think you made the right diagnosis in case you are looking for a secondary job you can work well with me at the hospital 

Friend, I understand you because, as a computer engineer, I've suffered from gadget acquisition syndrome (GAS) in my youth.  Rolleyes

Later I probably transferred the problem to my lenses, as in my previous equipment a number of lenses started to take the dust...

In my new Sony life I've committed to only buy lenses that I use.

OTOH, if you can afford those lenses and you're regularly using them, I don't see any problem. The real pity is when a piece of equipment is not used...

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Don't remind me ... I still have to sell 20 lenses over at eBay ...

I used to have that, now I'm selling most of the things I don't use at least once a year. Including some pretty rare stuff like Canon FD TS-35.

Still have a guitar hoarding problem thingie though.

Quote:Don't remind me ... I still have to sell 20 lenses over at eBay ...
Any in Canon mount ?  Tongue

Quote:Any in Canon mount ?  Tongue

A couple but the international shipping costs from Australia are insane.
Quote:Any in Canon mount ?  Tongue

So, are you searching for a support group to heal yourself, or to find potential sellers?  Smile
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
We've all been there. Some of us are still sick. Smile I for one can't have enough wide-angles, and if I had the funds, I'd get at least one more (or sell one and get two Smile). That, and I'd stock up on fast Tamron primes but good. Smile
It's in our DNA. There is nothing we can do to not want/use/hoard/destroy things.

Everything goes back to the cave.

Ask me anything as to why we do what we do and I am certain I can trace it back to cave mentality.

Hoarding is the secondary ailment, the real root of the problem comes from buying the lenses in the first place!

Quote:So, are you searching for a support group to heal yourself, or to find potential sellers?  Smile
 Or buyers, out of the regular forum users, how many are Canon?

I seem to be the only committed Nikon user here, JoJu is selling many of his F mount lenses.

In fact who's shooting what here these days?