Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lenses hoarding disorder, who else is affected ?
Hoarding or shooting?

Smile

Maybe I keep the nice Sigmas, who knows if Nikon doesn't wake up within the next 10 years or so and bringa decent FF-mirrorless. Polite as they are, they want to leave Canon the first move, Between CaNikon, that is.  ^_^

Quote:So, are you searching for a support group to heal yourself, or to find potential sellers? Smile
Of course you understand it was a joke.
Unfortunately we are all suffering from serious and certainly incurable LBA (Lens Buying Addiction)!

My past efforts to overcome it have been unsuccessful so far, ugh...

I think these points illustrate particularly well our common condition (Klaus and the rest of the gang will especially appreciate point 6): Top 10 Signs You Suffer from LBA

If you want to find out whether you suffer from other conditions besides LBA, here is a good reference describing the various diseases encountered by fellow photographers: Diseases That Plague Photographers

[Image: capture.jpg]

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:So, are you searching for a support group to heal yourself, or to find potential sellers?  Smile
Best quote I've read here in... a long time. [Image: thumbup.gif]
   Speaking of which, I succumbed to another today, as per normal I managed to convince myself it was the last lens I absolutely had to have...

My analyst is going to get paid late again!  

LBA sufferers always get mixed extreme feelings when there's a knock at the door, they're never sure if it's the next lens being delivered or the bailiffs.  Big Grin  :o  Rolleyes  :unsure:  Huh  Huh !!

My analyst is quite grateful when I bring him a slice of dry bread.

Once a week.

I think he appreciates the screek of the hatch in his cellar door. Okay, not actually "his". For that he need to have a key...

B)

Sometimes I even stick a lens through that hatch.

Neat plan JoJu, keeping an "in house" analyst, in the cellar.

I'll try the same thing....but as I live on a boat, I'll put my analyst in the bilge.

That should moisten his dried bread!

And add a nice mushroom- or seaweed-taste to it  ^_^

Well I have 6 lenses so definitely I guilty of hoarding. The fisheye SMC Pentax-DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fish-Eye ED [IF] is a very intellectually stimulating lens but quite difficult to master. Also the Pentax 100mm f/2.8 D FA WR is hands down the best lens I own but I don't use it very often, but when I do use it, I use it a lot. Big Grin 

Now I would say a fast normal prime, a tele zoom lens and a ultra wide zoom is more than enough for me. And an external flash. The tripod is something overlooked in the 36+ megapixel era. We need them bad, even more than better lenses.  

Talked today to a colleague psychiatrist and he found it great to gave good photo gear, it helps also as an evasion from work stress.

It's good to have a psychiatrist fund of photography ( he spends far more than me on his Leica gear)