Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you rate the MFT market position today?
I like the system too.

I would actually continue to invest in the system, if I had the funds available. Unfortunately, since the start of COVID it has all gone downhill for me.  The Oly 90 mm Macro sounds very interesting for one, as do the long Oly lenses.

Personally, I do think there is a significant difference between the 16 MP and 20 MP models, but that is from a photographic PoV, not so much testing.

In the current market, I understand that releasing new cameras, certainly for what appear to be niche markets, is slow.

I think it is a bit like the Sony Vaio laptops several years ago. They were really good, and innovative, but the lines weren't profitable enough for Sony, so they sold it off as a separate brand, to an investment company like the one that is holding OM now The result is that they still exist, and do well, but are only available in Japan, really. It looks like that is what is happening to MFT in general, and OM in particular.

I would love for you to continue with MFT, but if it isn't feasible .... In the end it is up to you, really.

Kindest regards, WIm
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would you rate the MFT market position today? - by wim - 06-14-2023, 12:10 PM
RE: How would you rate the MFT market position today? - by davidmanze - 02-03-2024, 08:20 AM