Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
Short answer: no Smile

Longer answer: I'd probably struggle to find a fair way of testing flare with different lenses. Most lenses do flare, but the amount and shape of flare depends on the angle of light. So, given a certain light setup, lens A might flare, but B does not, while at a slightly different light angle things might be vice versa.

I prefer to just go out and shoot, and whenever possible I do of course shoot in backlight conditions, too, and then play around with the lens, looking for flare in the viewfinder while trying different angles... that usually gives a first impression if there is an issue or not.

Flare is usually only mentioned in the reviews if the lens is either very prone to flare (like the Nikkor 14-24) or exceptionally flare resistant.

To be honest, I'd prefer to stick to this approach.

Also for practical reasons: a shoot-out would require to have all the mentioned lenses at the same time. That's usually not the case here.

But since this is the Tamron thread, let me already tell: the 15-30 VC does flare (as most lenses do), but a LOT less than the Nikkor 14-24 (ok, must admit, that's an easy target).

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - by davidmanze - 10-06-2016, 07:08 AM
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - by southerncross - 10-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - by mst - 10-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - by davidmanze - 10-26-2016, 06:29 AM