Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
Quote:Well, you know... Smile This is one of the characteristics I care most about in an ultrawide. I don't really mind a bit of distortion or somewhat lower corner sharpness. But if I get an ugly flare blob every time I shoot into the sun, the lens is useless for my use.

I agree with that, flares are really hard to come by. However I tried once to follow a tutorial of Affinity Photo to get rid of flares, I'm sure there's also some for Photoshop users, and at least parts of the worst effects went into less attention. So, good thing to save a shot, pain in the ass to save all frontlight shots as it really needs time and individual care.

As for sharpness or also contrast: Due to different sensors, I use a Sigma dp 0 with 14 mm lens if I want maximum sharpness - but I leave it in the bag as soon as front light is involved as the sensor can't handle this kind of contrast.

I also would appreciate if the new Sigma 12-24 would be part of this test, but it's not available, I'm afraid. On second thought: On the timeline Marcus is doing tests, it just might become available in time  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - by davidmanze - 10-06-2016, 07:08 AM
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - by southerncross - 10-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - by JJ_SO - 10-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Preview: Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 Di VC USD - by davidmanze - 10-26-2016, 06:29 AM