Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG... I'm hooked again!
Quote: 4K overheating? Does it count as a problem? It is a camera for stills with some video functionality not a camera for videos. 
It matters if one buys it for 4K video. But who really uses these cameras to shoot 4K video? To get 4k quality out of these DSLRs and mirrorless cameras, a lot of talent, time, good lenses and other gear is needed, besides 4K monitor, heavy computing power and so on.

So yeah, I agree that it is not really an issue in general.

Well it arrived this morning, I had been trembling  that the "Douanes" were going to clambour all over it, but nothing!

Here, in the stores the D500 is 2180 euros or there abouts, on this site 1550 euros (wowcamera), that's a huge, huge difference. I know blah blah blah, but so far I haven't had a thing go wrong with my  Nikons, unlike Pentax, every one  has had a problem.

Anyway it's heavy, like 1.322gms with the 18-105mm kit lens, aprox.200gms more than the D750!

Just waiting for the Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX Macro non OS to turn up and then my LBA is cured!  Rolleyes  Big Grin  :blink:

I know how it feels when you have a new Lens or a new camera...
Yes, but Dave's not asking after he bought it if it was good to buy it.  B)

^_^

Dave? Care to meet for a shootout? Vultures until no feather is left? :o

Sigma 150? No 180?

Shoot out JoJu? OK I'll just nip down the butchers!

I would have liked the Nikon 200mm F4 and there was one on The Bon Coin, but it was a tickle under a grand, also a Sigma180mm F3.5 at 700 euros and big, had to draw the line somewhere, the 150mm F2.8 was 400 euros including postage, they are of the old metal school of construction.

The Pentax K3 has gone with my old faithful Tammy 17-50mm, Sigma 10-20mm,, Sigma 105 macro, 18-55mm kit lens and the FA 50mm F1.4 and a selection accessories, just the Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX and the Samyang 8mm fisheye yet unsold. 

The Nikon D7100 is to be sold to a girl friend, so I will be left with the D750/D500 and a couple of lenses, well 14 actually.

As for my analyst, he developed a rather nasty cough down in the bilge and was banging on the boat floor (his ceiling), in the end I had to let him out, last time I saw him he was crawling off down the river-bank coughing and gagging........ off to the doctors no doubt!     ^_^

One can't be too careful with health... good you had a shrink with survival instict.

Okay, metal, sure, you are a workout-photog  ^_^

Last night I saw a "Fuji-guys"instruction about "correct set-up of AF-C". This is so neat: While the Nikon engineers were so bluntly working their asses off to make AF-C on 3D tracking useable, Fuji went the nerd way and leave the choice of the source of failure to the user. Vulture got away blurred? Well, should have chosen the right AF-C mode, 5 + 1 customizable are so quickly selected  :unsure:

How could I know in advance, which kind of acceleration pattern that bloody beast will develop, when running through the woods and how big the obstacles are in between? Oh, heading towards me, hang on, need a different AF-C mode...  <_< And now it's mate appears suddenly, another mode is needed, you suckers wanna make me work, ha? Or run.... I need to work on my racecar driver's reflexes and I need fast gloves. For the buttons? Hell, no, for the looks... also, a red helmet must lay here somewhere, but then we gonna crack that D500 mirror.

Just a dream... need to analyze this. Mind to borrow your shrink when he's dry?

Quote:  Just waiting for the Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX Macro non OS to turn up and then my LBA is cured!  Rolleyes  Big Grin
We all say that... until the next big thing is on the horizon. Big Grin

Quote: It's running around looking for a headphone socket for itself !!!      Big Grin   :o   Smile    :wub:  touché!
Maybe the intrepid users can drill their own headphone socket like they did with those new IPhones.  Big Grin

The next body should come with NFC or bluetooth  B) But if the features get too hot, it might end up like Samsung's Note 7. Burst in flames.

Finally we see a need for asbestos-bags or steel cases with inbuilt sprinklers.

Quote:One can't be too careful with health... good you had a shrink with survival instinct.

Okay, metal, sure, you are a workout-photog  ^_^

Last night I saw a "Fuji-guys"instruction about "correct set-up of AF-C". This is so neat: While the Nikon engineers were so bluntly working their asses off to make AF-C on 3D tracking useable, Fuji went the nerd way and leave the choice of the source of failure to the user. Vulture got away blurred? Well, should have chosen the right AF-C mode, 5 + 1 customizable are so quickly selected  :unsure:

How could I know in advance, which kind of acceleration pattern that bloody beast will develop, when running through the woods and how big the obstacles are in between? Oh, heading towards me, hang on, need a different AF-C mode...  <_< And now it's mate appears suddenly, another mode is needed, you suckers wanna make me work, ha? Or run.... I need to work on my racecar driver's reflexes and I need fast gloves. For the buttons? Hell, no, for the looks... also, a red helmet must lay here somewhere, but then we gonna crack that D500 mirror.

Just a dream... need to analyze this. Mind to borrow your shrink when he's dry?
  Hey JoJu, calm down you're in AF paranoia mode, switch to Auto AF and let you Fuji take the strain, pour yourself a large one and relax..

Listen, don't bother with my old analyst, I now realize he was a financial burden, he was dragging me down and basically it was his hourly price structure lecturing  me about the worthlessness of "unnecessary optical jewelery" as he called it, then he would pass me massive monthly bills for his services, I now understand the significance of the vultures, I was struggling to buy an AF-S 18-55mm kit lens and then it was the unstabilized model!

My new psychiatrist is great, we surf ebay together picking out lenses and putting in derisory bids, you know playing the numbers game,  beer and whiskey flowing... he never let's me have an empty glass!... and when I ask him about his bill, he says, "Ah just give me a large gin"....yeah, he loves a drink.... and all my problems have just evaporated away.

I'll send him round, I promise you you'll have the biggest lens collection in  town within a week, don't forget to stock up the drinks cabinet!

Oh you'll have to excuse me JoJu, it's the postman at the door, another lens no doubt!

OK Wowcamera took too long to send a D500, so in the meantime Priceminister reimbursed me for the postage and the price of the camera. €1550...so I'm back where I started.

There's such a huge difference between the price of grey market and French site cameras, around €500 so I will go again with Wowcamera, however it's now risen to €1599.

It's all a big pain as I've lost a month of time waiting, but at least Wowcamera is backed by Priceminister's 14 day return/refund policy, which obviously works!

BTW. Wowcamera operates out of Holland and Luxembourg.