Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yongnuo RF 35mmf2.0 coming
https://www.canonrumors.com/yongnuo-to-r...-dsm-soon/

Dunno how much sense that would make in the presence of already affordable Canon 35mmf1.8 IS
If it's decently performing and (say) half the price of the Canon RF, it'll have its niche.
I wonder if Klaus would keep testing some of that new crop of Chinese AF lenses, can this one slip into the schedule somehow?
Like I've said before, exciting times are ahead for us. The list of lenses that can / might / should be tested is growing by the day, and I can see how it becomes frustrating for the PZ crew.
(01-17-2024, 04:03 PM)Rover Wrote: If it's decently performing and (say) half the price of the Canon RF, it'll have its niche.
I wonder if Klaus would keep testing some of that new crop of Chinese AF lenses, can this one slip into the schedule somehow?
Like I've said before, exciting times are ahead for us. The list of lenses that can / might / should be tested is growing by the day, and I can see how it becomes frustrating for the PZ crew.

Well the Yongnuo isn't stabilised and stabilisation alone would be worth the price difference....I bought the EF version dirt cheap, but was never happy with it, even when it was metering correctly compared to the RF35mmf1.8 they are worlds apart
Well, most cameras have IBIS now, so I guess it's less relevant at least in the shorter lenses (and 35mm isn't the focal length in dire need of OIS).
BTW it is unlikely that this lens is in any way related to the old one, which I guess was a (lousy) copy of Canon's old EF 35/2, itself not renowned for great quality.
@Rover - I'll test 2 Chinese AF lenses next month.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Cool, thank you. I always like reading reviews of odd lenses. Even if there's no chance I'll be eventually buying them. Smile