Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The battle of APS-C 56mm lenses
Yet another APS-C 56mm f/1.{4,8}:

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/just-ann...ount-lens/
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Seems that the AF 50s are usually the path up the food chain.

The other day, I received a 7Artisans 50mm f/1.8 for testing ... but it wasn't compatible with my A7R V in certain configs.
So that's something to keep in mind.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
The chinese manufacturers are simply flooding the market with options. Though conspiculously, there are no AF zooms just yet (Laowa has had a few UWA zooms, but they were stone age).

Also wondering how far are we from the lenses already released as MF to be reintroduced with the AF capabilities? Of course, not all of them, but some of the more popular ones, like - off the top of my head - Laowa's macros and their 15/2?
You can't just take any MF design and add an AF motor. AF lenses tend to have a more lightweight focus group. And QC has to be MUCH better because the focus group isn't quite as "tight".
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(04-20-2024, 10:02 PM)Klaus Wrote: You can't just take any MF design and add an AF motor. AF lenses tend to have a more lightweight focus group. And QC has to be MUCH better because the focus group isn't quite as "tight".

Actually if silent and fast autofocus aren't priorities, and the customer is happy with a crappy autofocus, adding a micromotor that does nothing but move the focus ring can make any lens autofocus, it has its many drawbacks but  it's surely feasible
(04-20-2024, 10:02 PM)Klaus Wrote: You can't just take any MF design and add an AF motor. AF lenses tend to have a more lightweight focus group. And QC has to be MUCH better because the focus group isn't quite as "tight".

Yeah, like I said -- not all of them. Not all of them are worth it, anyway. Smile But I hope the recent~ish MF renaissance is over again, and we'll be seeing predominantly AF lenses being introduced now, unless coming from super bargain bin makers or the deliberately retro-inclined players like Voigtländer.