Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your suggestions for an fx body plus ultrawide
   Well a FF camera body and those suggested lenses aren't going to be cheap, but I wrote a thread on the D600 that I found for 499 euros in one of those "We buy for  Cash" shops. 

If there is a little more money available,  S/H D750 are now finally dropping in price as well as D800 and D810.....in fact there is no shortage of S/H Nikon bodies.

Note! both the D600 and the D750 may be subject to shutter recalls by Nikon, the D600 for it's oil on the sensor problem sprayed from the shutter.(replaced by the D610)....and the D750 shutter  recall for non returning mirror........(check the serial numbers on the Nikon site)

This means Nikon will replace the shutter and service the camera free (inc. postage) if it hasn't been already replaced to "anybody" regardless of whether it was purchased used, so this can be a good bartering point when buying. 

Actually there has never been a better time to buy a S/H Nikon DSLR, for a few years they got bogged down at 12 Mps, stating it was sufficient.......and then the 36 Mps D800 arrived!  ....this opened the way for 24 and more 36 Mps bodies which are now plentiful on the used market. 

The D3/D3s and D700 were the 12Mps models and as such in spite of their tremendous build, you have to be happy with lower resolution.

If your friend last shot with the D2H, I'm sure he will be delighted with the D800..D810..D600..D610..D750

....my choice: the D750 for it's tilting screen, fast frame rate (6.5 fps) excellent AF and IQ and low noise, moderate file sizes,  plus it's a light body.

If the shutter issues put you off then the... D810, 36 Mps, pro magnesium body...1/8000 sec. it's one of their most proven and legendary cameras.

As for lenses, he already has some nice glass.....no, some very nice glass!..... Once he has the camera  he will be in a far better position to try out lenses and decide what is missing for his needs....

......it's all too easy to suggest spending other peoples money on exotic glass!

Messages In This Thread
your suggestions for an fx body plus ultrawide - by davidmanze - 12-24-2017, 07:01 AM
your suggestions for an fx body plus ultrawide - by davidmanze - 12-24-2017, 03:27 PM
your suggestions for an fx body plus ultrawide - by davidmanze - 12-25-2017, 07:18 AM
your suggestions for an fx body plus ultrawide - by davidmanze - 12-27-2017, 09:21 AM
your suggestions for an fx body plus ultrawide - by davidmanze - 12-27-2017, 11:18 AM