Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portait mode iphone7 plus ...
Quote:Hopefully it will kill the bokeh in photos as a status symbol. Selective focusing is way overused in the last decade.

I disagree very much  Tongue Selective focusing exists since Dr. Erich Salomon used an Ermanox to become the "invisible photographer". He was killed by the Nazis, so a bit more than only a decade. It was not first "bokeh" and then "fast lenses", the bokeh became fashion lately and started it's career around 1990. I think you mean as "status symbols" the Otii from Zeiss?

Some say it's worth the price and judging something as "status symbol" only tells me about "one is envy" - otherwise you could stay calm. f/1.4 lenses became "normal", more affordable around 50 years ago.

I expect a photographer to do selective focusing. I want him or her to decide what I am supposed to see - we all tell a story very focused, otherwise our audience would go to bed before we elaborated about the exact dressing of the aunt of the main person...

When you think about how much pictures are taken daily, how much of them make it to the internet and how few of them are taken with f/1.0...f/2.0 your point becomes quickly irrelevant - but when we look at which pictures get the most clicks ( = drags the most attention; ≠ are the best pictures) things might look different, I suspect.

Ask flickr...

This might have to do with thumbail views, when you do a photo search. It also might have to do something with a lot (affordable) lenses coming out with fast apertures and people try to learn how to handle them. I'm sure in your life were also at some age some subjects overly present. Nothing to worry about, it will pass. But complaining? Why not inventing the new big thing?  Wink

Messages In This Thread
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by Klaus - 09-24-2016, 07:09 AM
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by southerncross - 09-24-2016, 08:05 AM
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by Rover - 09-24-2016, 06:16 PM
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by JJ_SO - 09-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by Klaus - 09-25-2016, 01:26 AM
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by toni-a - 09-25-2016, 03:41 AM
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by Studor13 - 09-25-2016, 05:59 AM
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by Rover - 09-25-2016, 08:29 AM
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by southerncross - 09-25-2016, 10:47 AM
Portait mode iphone7 plus ... - by southerncross - 09-25-2016, 11:00 AM