Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Zeiss Distagon T* 15mm f/2.8 ZF.2
Quote:Well, yes, the 14-24 is a marvel, too. And I would prefer it over the Zeiss, simply because it's a zoom. Reviewing the Distagon, I had quite some trouble finding subjects suitable for such a wide lens. It's just not my thing.

On the other hand: the flare on the Nikkor always drove me nuts. If I really wanted to have a fast wide angle lens, I might end up with either the Tokina or (more likely) the Tamron 15-30 VC.

Oh, yeah, the Tamron: yes, real soon now Smile

-- Markus
Well, a lens this wide cannot be the only wideangle in one's arsenal... I own a Sigma 14mm f/2.8 but it's been paired with a succession of longer zooms - the 17-35L, then the 16-35L II, and now the 16-35 IS (reminds me of an old anecdote: "What is called consistency? When a woman is into her third marriage while keeping the same lover all along"). But 15mm is probably for those who only shoot primes since their next longer lens is probably the 21/2.8, as pairing this Distagon with a 16-xx or 17-xx zoom doesn't seem economical given its exorbitant price.

Markus, are you going to review the Nikon 14mm prime by chance?

P. S. Speaking of flare - I guess I have you all beat: the Sigma 14mm is the effin' queen - no, EMPRESS - of flare!

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report: Zeiss Distagon T* 15mm f/2.8 ZF.2 - by Rover - 09-10-2016, 11:58 AM