Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report - Sony FE 85mm f/1.8
A man may take a day off and just enjoy the reviews. Smile And lately, PZ has been churning them out like it's going out of style - not that it's a bad thing, of course. Smile

Shall we talk about that diffraction issue? I wonder what Sony is doing there with the aperture.

Quote:As mentioned, the Zeiss is sharper in close focus scenarios. Whether this is relevant to you ... well ...

Klaus, may I ask, what distance you mean by close focus, practically? Around min focus distance, or longer?
Thanks for the review.

I'm thinking of selling my Batis 85 now  Rolleyes

Quote:Shall we talk about that diffraction issue? I wonder what Sony is doing there with the aperture.

As mentioned both lenses, more so the Sony, had an overexposure tendency at medium/small aperture settings.

But again - is that overly relevant? How often are you shooting at f/11 with such a lens?
Quote:Klaus, may I ask, what distance you mean by close focus, practically? Around min focus distance, or longer?

I didn't do any formal testing from where the quality decreases substantially.

While the images aren't meant for that the softness is quite apparent on the bokeh fringing images.

The Zeiss has a floating system similar to macro lenses so it's not surprising that it manages to keep the quality on a very high level.