Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Nikkor AF-S 20mm f/1.8 G
A nice one, I really like it. Along with the AF-S 85, my personal favourite of the new f/1.8 primes:

http://www.opticallimits.com/nikon_ff/97...rafs2018ff

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

"Well, if you want the speed AND autofocus, then none really, except the discontinued Sigma EX 20/1.8, which offers similar specifications on paper, but can only be bought used nowadays and has much weaker border and corner sharpness."

Wrong, Markus, sorry. There's the Sigma 20/1.4 at identical price. Only question is, if one wants to carry a solid 600 grams MORE for only â…” faster aperture? Mine knows the inside of the drawer pretty well...

I corrected that sentence.  Markus has to derust a bit after the hibernation. ;-)

Did the FF Nikor AF20mm F2.8D review disappear?

Quote:    Did the FF Nikor AF20mm F2.8D review disappear?
No, someone forgot a break after the new lens review. It is right behind thatone.
Quote:No, someone forgot a break after the new lens review. It is right behind thatone.
 Oh right....thanks BC.
Quote: Oh right....thanks BC.

Fixed
  All the G  lenses are certainly improved over the old "D" series... this new 20mm is however €800, not an insignificant sum for a FF optic........

.......the old D version is still a goodie nonetheless!

One thing that didn't get mentioned in the review - the sun stars from this one are excellent. So good in fact that I bought this lens for this reason (the 18-35 AF-S's are not nearly as nice).

Typo in the MTF section:

The borders and corners follow quite a bot
behind,

Smile