Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yungnuo lenses and compatibilty (already)
Bought the yungnuo just because it was dirt cheap, comes with a pouch and is  as expensive as 2 lens caps, besides it is very lightweight.

To tell you the truth, it is a very nice lens on 30D and on 5D, however DPP recognizes it as 75-300 lens, I had to set auto optimisation off, no big deal.

DXO recognizes it as a 50mm lens but has no info about it.

on 750D the camera can focus using only the central AF point .

Seems yungnuo still have to improve a lot about their lenses.

Do I regret getting it ? already I didn't expect much and I already have the 50mm f1.4, it is quite sharp with good color rendition at f1.8 it has more contrast than the 50mm f1.4 however at f2.8 the f1.4 is just as in another world nothing to compare really

Toni, it's "Yongnuo".  Wink

The Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II is also very, very cheap, and performs better. And the reworked Canon EF 50mm f1.8 STM is again better, so I still think you wasted your money?

Quote:The Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II is also very, very cheap, and performs better. And the reworked Canon EF 50mm f1.8 STM is again better, so I still think you wasted your money?
it already gave one great keeper, if it did  nothing but that I am happy, even if I throw it today in a trash can, I don't cvonsider I wasted my money.