Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next lens review: Zeiss APO Sonnar T* 135mm f/2.0 ZF.2 (DX)
Instead of complaining I just grin at these resulting rating and HR - and once again, the ratings show just the limits of rating itself.

A couple of shots I only got - and with very decent sharpness - because my fast 135 features AF, and a speedy one, too, at least in my book.

I also recall some discussions when I was arguing "weather sealing basically is a false friend because you never know which kind of weather and exposing time in that weather will finally kill the lens although it was said to be a weather sealed one". I would not dive or walk in the rain with no more protection with my "weather sealed" (read, "rubber gasket round the mount") 135mm. But having none at all has it's downsides which I hadn't thought of until I got a splash from a wave I haven't seen coming.

The lack of bokeh fringing is a big plus - but being APO lens, that's what it has to deliver. However, paying 1000.- more for APO (135 Art vs. Milvus) minus AF - no way for me, not for a tele lens. I leave it to dave to ask about the Samyang, costing ¼ of the Zeiss Milvus type.

Messages In This Thread
Next lens review: Zeiss APO Sonnar T* 135mm f/2.0 ZF.2 (DX) - by JJ_SO - 11-25-2017, 10:54 AM