Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon efs 17-55f2.8 IS too noisy for video ??
For once there's a Domain where my efs17-55f2.8 is failing miserably: Video

Optically it's superb and autofocus is also perfect, however in the video you can hear the autofocus motor, you can also hear the lens zooming, of course getting a good video microphone will solve this, but is it my 10+ year old sample or that's the best this lens can do ?
Last I checked, nobody who does video seriously is recording with built-in mics, even if they're using manual focus (and usually they do) and regardless of the lens. Video mic is usually among the first two accessories they're buying, along with a tripod. (there's a Rode Video Mic kicking around our office, for example)

Quote:Last I checked, nobody who does video seriously is recording with built-in mics, even if they're using manual focus (and usually they do) and regardless of the lens. Video mic is usually among the first two accessories they're buying, along with a tripod. (there's a Rode Video Mic kicking around our office, for example)
Only videos I usually do are of my little daughter at home, the built in mic is doing just fine when using other lenses