Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM | A ("Art")
"has some seals" - that is "more than the rubber gasket"? Did you open one or both lenses? Did you see any design layouts? I learnt (here and elsewhere) to be careful with assumptions.

Where does "the rage" come from? Well, I'm not entirely certain. I think it comes from a subjective impression that you testers at PZ write in a way that implies "genuine lenses are, if in doubt, the better choice and third party lenses are second choice at best" Maybe I read it the wrong way and became Sigma fanboy three years ago.

My point is: Which lens I ever look at - 24/1.4, 35/1.4, 50/1.4, 20/1.4, 18-35/1.8, 150-600/5-6.3 S, the 24-105 lens you were testing - I find Nikon's offerings more expensive and less well performing. There was a time when I could rely on if you pay more, you get more. Sigma shows constantly some independence between price and performance. They offer firmware updates, customization and mount change service, they have the better OS and here in Switzerland a lifetime service once a year. That all is not part of a lens test, I'm aware of that.

But I appreciate they're doing things differently, they even do things they won't make a lot of turnaround with. I'm appreciating in a way that I buy their stuff with much more confidence than Nikon gear - there were a couple of debacles from the Nikon company, bodies and lenses had to go back to service for some work that should have been done before delivery.

Messages In This Thread
Next PZ lens test report: Sigma AF 24-105mm f/4 DG OS HSM | A ("Art") - by JJ_SO - 12-30-2015, 02:43 PM