Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@Joju About the winning team
Yesterday I was responsible for photography at the hospital annual party attended by 100+ persons, 

Gear used:

7D MKii plus 17-55f2.8 IS yongnuo 600EX RT (replaced with Canon 580EX), Canon 50mmf1.4 (used in just three shots before the party begins, so not used)

750D plus 8mm fisheye most of the time and some shots taken with Canon EFS10-18

I took photos for everyone entering at the photo-booth then to everyone seated then photos of the singer and dance floor.

I enjoyed the party a lot, all 900 shots were taken in RAW

Why is it a winning team ?

simply because once home after downloading the photos, focus was spot on in all but five photos which is impressive.

the photos needed practically no adjustments during RAW except some very few mostly ones taken using the yongnuo flash,  I arrived home at 12:15 AM, post processing was done by  1:40 AM, I woke  in the morning all photos were converted to JPG, batch resized quickly and uploaded low res versions online for colleagues to select photos for printing.

Noise quality was OK, no noise would be seen on 12X18cm prints, so I consider mission accomplished with my winning team

That kind of stuff could be done by each mildly up to date smartphone.  B)

:lol:

Toni, you already ARE the winning team  Big Grin

Have to kinda agree with JoJu on this one, almost any camera on capable hands would easily get through this with no issues.

And if you had anything from this century, you'd be already sharing those files DURING the actual event. Just transfer them via wifi and send them around. Many cameras are easily capable of absolutely decent OOCJ these days and pretty much any Sony from the last 4 years would be able to transfer them to a phone or a tablet with no menus, no settings involved. Touch the NFC tag and done. 

I know  you have the wifi module for your 7Dm2 but you were not even using it. If you want to compete with people already shooting and sharing via their smartphones, you have to do that on the spot. Not the next day.

obican, just don't destroy toni's dream of a winning team.  ^_^ "have you seen our doctor running around with this old school camera thingy? he's soooo cute!"

It's not about finishing early but having no issues with almost all photos

now, if there was no "almost" in this sentence, it really would be a dream team. Thanks for being honest.

Quote:now, if there was no "almost" in this sentence, it really would be a dream team. Thanks for being honest.
Exactly 5/913 with missed focus ok the focus was missed most likely because I used one shot AF at and people might moved.

What makes things more interesting is that I already made some 13x18cm and the photos look great, no noticeable noise
Quote:It's not about finishing early but having no issues with almost all photos

As any camera system with equivalent lenses would have no issues with almost all photos, finishing early would pretty much determine the winner actually.

Actually who are we kidding? The better photographer would determine the winner. As long as they don't deliver the goods next year.