Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report - Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM ART
I also was thinking about and got a sample to try very briefly the Irix 11/4. Less heavy, less costly and adjustable focus stop for ∞. THis is where I am sceptical - even if the Sigma would be great for astro-stuff, how to focus it at âˆž ?

If a lens like this needs AF is something everyone should decide for himself*. For landscape I don't see much of a benefit. For other stuff it's helpful, especially in LiveView ad with electronic shutter (I don't think, with an OVF one gets the focus right at f/1.8) and at this kind of weight, it's easier to manouever with AF.

*but if the answer is "yes", it's good to adjust it at more than only one distance. I feel this feature falls very short in most tests of Tamrons or Sigmas. -_-

As well as I say: If I have AF, I also have a focus motor and can remote control the lens. Meaning, the camera can be so close at the floor, that I don't see properly the screen, or I need to but it back to the wall to get the full room. Then it becomes handy, controlling the  camera with a smartphone or tablet and setting the focus ring.

Oh, and dave: you forgot in your list "no filter thread"

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report - Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM ART - by davidmanze - 11-19-2017, 10:25 AM
next PZ lens test report - Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM ART - by JJ_SO - 11-20-2017, 08:57 AM
next PZ lens test report - Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM ART - by davidmanze - 11-21-2017, 03:29 PM
next PZ lens test report - Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM ART - by davidmanze - 11-22-2017, 04:45 PM
next PZ lens test report - Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM ART - by davidmanze - 12-11-2017, 08:10 AM
next PZ lens test report - Sigma 14mm f/1.8 DG HSM ART - by davidmanze - 12-11-2017, 11:10 AM