Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the Nikon D5?
Hi guys, 

What's up with the Nikon D5?

Well this is the what's up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnEsBK8YIe4

Looks the bee's knees if your a pro shooter not bent on out and out resolution!  

"Just" 20mp ? So Nikon understood what Canon didn't.

20 is plenty enough...
Quote:"Just" 20mp ? So Nikon understood what Canon didn't.
1Ds mk 3 = 21 MP
1DX = 18 MP

What didn't Canon get?
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Wake me again if they come up with a FF mirrorless in Pro-specs Smile

Normal evolution so far. More ISO, more fps, bigger buffer, more AF points. Double as much but still: if they didn't increase the AF zone at all those additional points are a bit useless. Not my league of interest anyway.

Edit: Btw, what kind of source is this "Irwin interactive"? He claims to have as partner channel Nikon Europe, but no matter, that wasn't an official Nikon video? Other videos were talking about A D850 coming next year... I'm just asking because over at Nikon Rumors they only show some "leaked" pictures. With a Sigma lens attached.  Rolleyes
Wake me again if they come up with a FF mirrorless in Pro-specs...........that's it JoJu have yourself a nice loooong sleep!  Rolleyes

The D5 looks like a wowser! 

.....if it's all about getting the shot even under the most difficult conditions...low light high frame-rate and fast fast fast......then the D5 looks like it's your new born baby....... I thought it would have 24Mps but 20Mps is fine........with 4K video and bells and whistles agogo......but the real hook must be 15ips......doubtless with AF to die for.....Oh right yes that bottomless buffer......

...........the D5 looks like it will be the new pro shooters yardstick to me!

P.S. Great sound track on the video...

just saw the leaked pictures of the D5

Anyone can tell me why is there a  Sigma lens attached ??

[Image: nikond5leak1.jpg]

Quote:1Ds mk 3 = 21 MP

1DX = 18 MP

What didn't Canon get?
I am also curious as to what Canon did not get. It seems they got what Nikon seems "to get" 4 years earlier?
Quote:just saw the leaked pictures of the D5

Anyone can tell me why is there a  Sigma lens attached ??

Two possibilities:
  • They want to see how good the camera really is  :lol:
  • They want to find out if a NO-SIGMA-LENS-SHALL-PASS! Gandalf woven firmware rises their sales  :ph34r:
I think the video is a fake D5. The buttons aren't correct. There should be three function buttons on the front of the camera.

That being said, the guy did a good job in making it look something like Nikon would do.