Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours???
Quote:I'm just curious: what kind of technology from Samsung you have in mind? I simply don't recall any fantastic or great features which could only be found in a Samsung camera. Also, in my eyes it would be a big jump from the most conservative camera manufacturer becoming an advanced and freshly thinking image company. Even Leica as small and expensive brand has more to offer in mirrorless full frame than Nikon. And as far as I'm concerned, I expect no miracles in usability from Nikon.
How about, their EVFs, Nikon have nothing at that level, their "in house" back lit PD AF sensor 28mps.............. lower noise than the 24 Mps Sony............... 15 Fps frame rate with sophisticated AF to match (years of development)................ straight on to SD card 4K video and high speed processor..........and the ability to put it all together in a complete package........... plus a host of bells and whistles that pretty much made the camera the best APSc mirror-less out there...................... while Nikon dip their toe in the mirror-less water quickly pulling it out again because they got cold feet!!!!!   :o

Who knows if there is anything in this rumour/speculation but the market is going mirrorless slowly but surely and Canon and Nikon haven't really got to first base, sooner or later things are going to tip towards ILMCs big time when the last of the glitches have been overcome, which will leave the pair hanging out to dry by the short and curlies..  :wub: ouch!

Buying in to the technology from a company selling out (probably the best way to get a good deal) which has working/proven products rather than going through expensive development seems a shrew investment to me, set against paying corporation tax!  :unsure:

If true and Nikon manages to negotiate a few of the design team into the bargain, and that's what it will be, a bargain, what's more it make for interesting times.  Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours??? - by davidmanze - 12-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours??? - by davidmanze - 12-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours??? - by davidmanze - 12-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Nikon buys out Samsung camera division.....rumours??? - by davidmanze - 12-03-2015, 08:04 PM