Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L II corners vs Sigma AF 35mm f/1.4 Art corners
Have you looked at 5Ds® "high ISO" results? It does pretty well, retaining more detail still at ISO 6400 than the Sony A7r II. Same at ISO 12800, by the way.

Actually looking at comparisons does have its advantage. Saying the 5Ds® in not good at "everyday handholding" is nonsense...
Putting words into the writing of other people they never wrote is also nonsense. I was pointing out that those results were taken under best conditions which means for every lens and camera.

Getting in camera stabilisation is an advantage since both lenses don't have any stabilisation. And you won't get that from Canon. But of course, you certainly will defend the until they go bankrupt and longer...
Quote:Putting words into the writing of other people they never wrote is also nonsense. I was pointing out that those results were taken under best conditions which means for every lens and camera.

Getting in camera stabilisation is an advantage since both lenses don't have any stabilisation. And you won't get that from Canon. But of course, you certainly will defend the until they go bankrupt and longer...
Sigh. It is indeed nonsense to now claim that one needs IS for a 35mm f1.4 prime to be able to handhold the camera. Of course, yes, there are situations where one actually can benefit from IS. But very often, that is not needed.

1. The 5DS® has pretty good high ISO, holding more detail than the A7R II. See dpreview studio scene shots.

2. One can make great, sharp photos handholding and with no IS. Also with the 5DS®. No shortage of evidence for that available online, from 5DS® users.

3. Of course, at times IS comes in very handy. No doubt about that.

4. It is not as if there are no IS lenses.
Quote:Have you looked at 5Ds® "high ISO" results? It does pretty well, retaining more detail still at ISO 6400 than the Sony A7r II. Same at ISO 12800, by the way.

Actually looking at comparisons does have its advantage. Saying the 5Ds® in not good at "everyday handholding" is nonsense...

Ahem ... no. I am not impressed by the noise characteristic of that sensor. The noise is actually already apparent at ISO 200.
Don't see the Canon 5DS R performing better than D810 or A7R II

Source: DPReview

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
You really did your best on finding crops where no fine detail with contrast would be seen, right?

Quote:Ahem ... no. I am not impressed by the noise characteristic of that sensor. The noise is actually already apparent at ISO 200.
Ahem... yes. Now go compare high ISO results and see that there is more detail retained still.

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Holds its own pretty well, at high ISO.

I think the best system to use going forward is what you are using, Klaus, why modify just to match older system. I didn't see previous explanation of why centre is now much stronger than corners, with higher mb sensors, so it is what it is.
Quote:Ahem... yes. Now go compare high ISO results and see that there is more detail retained still.

[Image: attachicon.gif]crops.jpg

Holds its own pretty well, at high ISO.
No. The details are just less fine. But I'm not looking at it through hardcore Canon fanboy glasses.

"More detail" is not the same as "blow the details up"

Yay, another insult from Joju.

But if we look at crops for real, we see that the actual detail is not "less fine". We see that while the noise is a little bit higher, we still end up with a bit more detail, due to the higher resolution.