Opticallimits
Canon 700D focus issues. - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Canon EOS (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Canon 700D focus issues. (/showthread.php?tid=120)

Pages: 1 2 3

Canon 700D focus issues. - davidmanze - 10-26-2017

We will go to the local "Cash converters" and try what they have.......at least it will tell us which has the problem.

If it's the camera then too bad ....list it on ebay as having a focus issue, if it's the lens many will be able to adjust it's use on a AFMA body.

Canon 700D focus issues. - davidmanze - 11-29-2017

Canon 700D............ Gone!

We tested it to see if it was the lens or the body, it was the body

Just to conclude the thread........We spotted a D600 at Cash-converters for €499 including a battery grip.

Off my friend went,   Cash converters quickly tried the back focusing Canon 700D and 18-135 IS two or three clics, €189 was paid and my friend got the Nikon D600.

For those looking for a budget FF DSLR for under €500 the D600 is a great buy, here, Chasseurs D'image coté Argus (kind of like the camera magazine's "blue book")  list the D600  at €490 ........the D610 at €900!

During the thankfully short time with the 700D, it felt cheap and plasticy and I found little to like about it, !  except maybe the LV implication. 

Very disappointed with Canon's fixed price of €155 for any repair!

The D600 has nearly all the IQ of the D750 at a knock down price due to it's reputation of oil on the sensor and I think I'm right in saying that Nikon will still replace any defective shutter mechanism "gratos" on that model!

I think my friend got a "get out of jail card" there with the D600 with how little he had to spend on the exchange!

For those looking for FF with little to spend the D600s a bargain!

Anyway my friend is very happy with the D600 and how little he had to spend on the exchange!

Canon 700D focus issues. - Brightcolours - 11-29-2017

Which lens did the D600 come with?

Canon 700D focus issues. - JJ_SO - 11-29-2017

The D600 with it's oil-spots can be another can of worms. If Nikon replace it for free or not (which you DON'T know for sure), it's bothering to send in a camera - and if you know you will send it in very likely it doesn't get better. Would you like to see oil spots on your picture of the year? Sorry to crash the party, but saving money at each cost can be more expensive at the end.

Your suffering from "paranoiac technophobia" JoJu!  Huh

It's a perfectly good DSLR in good condition,  that will deliver many years of service I'm sure......and if it needs the sensor cleaning every couple of months......so what, I'll do it!     ... it only takes five minutes!

The guys going to open his studio in January and has little to no money.....this is street level start up from nothing, there are no huge bank accounts here!

Canon 700D focus issues. - toni-a - 11-29-2017

Quote:  Canon 700D............ Gone!

We tested it to see if it was the lens or the body, it was the body

Just to conclude the thread........We spotted a D600 at Cash-converters for €499 including a battery grip.

Off my friend went,   Cash converters quickly tried the back focusing Canon 700D and 18-135 IS two or three clics, €189 was paid and my friend got the Nikon D600.

For those looking for a budget FF DSLR for under €500 the D600 is a great buy, here, Chasseurs D'image coté Argus (kind of like the camera magazine's "blue book")  list the D600  at €490 ........the D610 at €900!

During the thankfully short time with the 700D, it felt cheap and plasticy and I found little to like about it, !  except maybe the LV implication. 

Very disappointed with Canon's fixed price of €155 for any repair!

The D600 has nearly all the IQ of the D750 at a knock down price due to it's reputation of oil on the sensor and I think I'm right in saying that Nikon will still replace any defective shutter mechanism "gratos" on that model!

I think my friend got a "get out of jail card" there with the D600 with how little he had to spend on the exchange!

For those looking for FF with little to spend the D600s a bargain!

Anyway my friend is very happy with the D600 and how little he had to spend on the exchange!

If you want a cheap full frame here in Lebanon, go SONY, the resale value is so low you can get a mirrorless A7 for something like  500$.

For me I have EOS 5D classic, dirt cheap, yet does the job well when you need full frame its sale value now is 200-300$,not worth selling, it fits well as an ornament in my sitting room 

A well fiiting ornament would alos be the first to buy when I'd open a new business. That's waht customers need to see first.

No dave, I'm not "paranoiac technophobia", I just like to be in peace of mind when I do a shooting fo a client. Checking for oil spots before and after is not in my list of "how to get a peace of mind... And I hope your friend can compensate the lack of finances with skills and  abit of luck, then his business will grow anyway.

Bare in mind every new camera I have bought apart from the D7100 has had a problem:

Samyang GX10...video screen driver died.......repaired with S/H camera main board.

Pentax K20       ....five visits to Pentax before an ultimate replacement.

Pentax K3         .....machine gun mirror problem, card slots died .......new main board.

Pentax K01       .....sensor alignment etc...................................................repaired.

Nikon D750       .....shutter/mirror problem recall  .................................recall repair.

Nikon D500       .....LCD failed                               .................................replaced screen.

Pentax K5         .....took double shots sometimes........nothing done!

I paid good money for new cameras .....and where did that get me?...Six faulty cameras.....

All problems occurred within the first year!!!!   

Looking at those experience's, there is nothing to signify that buying new cameras will ensure reliability.....it fact it shows that any camera at any time can go wrong, and it's often early in their life that problems arrive....the four K mount bodies still work to this day, they were all sold to friends and still function fine, including the GX10 and K01 which spent two days underwater.

It is false to think that buying new will give peace of mind, and here the D600 has six months guarantee!

A couple of spots of oil.... my foot!  

Agreed with your conclusion. Could also add some bugs with other cameras (however the Sigma Merrills were always reliably slow, battery consuming, not useful for lowlight, but never affected of hardware bugs  Big Grin and since the lens is fix, no dust or oil will ever spoil)

One could also say, consuming so much cameras like you, one better gets an apprenticeship as camera tech.  Huh

Canon 700D focus issues. - toni-a - 11-29-2017

Quote:   Bare in mind every new camera I have bought apart from the D7100 has had a problem:

Samyang GX10...video screen driver died.......repaired with S/H camera main board.

Pentax K20       ....five visits to Pentax before an ultimate replacement.

Pentax K3         .....machine gun mirror problem, card slots died .......new main board.

Pentax K01       .....sensor alignment etc...................................................repaired.

Nikon D750       .....shutter/mirror problem recall  .................................recall repair.

Nikon D500       .....LCD failed                               .................................replaced screen.

Pentax K5         .....took double shots sometimes........nothing done!

I paid good money for new cameras .....and where did that get me?...Six faulty cameras.....

All problems occurred within the first year!!!!   

Looking at those experience's, there is nothing to signify that buying new cameras will ensure reliability.....it fact it shows that any camera at any time can go wrong, and it's often early in their life that problems arrive....the four K mount bodies still work to this day, they were all sold to friends and still function fine, including the GX10 and K01 which spent two days underwater.

It is false to think that buying new will give peace of mind, and here the D600 has six months guarantee!

A couple of spots of oil.... my foot!  

Here's my history with digital SLRs :

300D bought in 2004 worked prefectly for many many years, in 2010 replaced flash hot shoe, for being too rude while removing flash (25$ total costs) in 2011 replaced card reading slot for 15$

30D bought in 2006, mirror box failure in 2011 replaced for 250$ (same as its price used) although  it had already taken 100.000+ shots 

5D classic bought used in 2014 no issues

750D bought in 2016: no issues (autofocus with 17-55 solved after lens correction)

7D Mkii bought used 2 months ago no issues 

should I call myself lucky ?