Opticallimits
Living without my prefered gear for one month... - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Canon EOS (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Living without my prefered gear for one month... (/showthread.php?tid=374)

Pages: 1 2

Living without my prefered gear for one month... - toni-a - 03-09-2017

Sister is traveling to Netherlands for one month.

She asked me for a "good camera" the obvious choice is 750D with wifi capability, light weight, ease of use with presence of auto ISO.

5D and 30D are too complicated for her and heavy.

So I will have to live with nothing but my full frame gear (5D plus tokina 16-28 plus 24-105L plus 70-300IS plus 50f1.4 plus 100 macro which is not that bad.

It happened that I have to shoot all hospital employees babies next week for mother's day (celebrated in Lebanon march 21st)

So I will try to do with one single body...

Living without my prefered gear for one month... - Brightcolours - 03-09-2017

If your 5D breaks, luckily you still have the 30D as back up. 

Living without my prefered gear for one month... - toni-a - 03-09-2017

Quote:If your 5D breaks, luckily you still have the 30D as back up. 
30D is now in Dubai I lented it to my wife's sister who wants to experiment in photography as requested in the forum, however I still have my good old loyal 300D

Living without my prefered gear for one month... - JJ_SO - 03-09-2017

Good to have a big enough family to start a side-business as photo rental-service.  :lol:

Quote:30D is now in Dubai I lented it to my wife's sister who wants to experiment in photography as requested in the forum, however I still have my good old loyal 300D
Ah ok. I have that "silly" little EOS M as backup, I gave my 350D and 450D away. So if I lend out my EOS M, I just have the 6D.

Living without my prefered gear for one month... - thxbb12 - 03-09-2017

Quote:Ah ok. I have that "silly" little EOS M as backup, I gave my 350D and 450D away. So if I lend out my EOS M, I just have the 6D.

Why not getting a M5 ? It's got DSLR-like controls and an EVF. Plus the AF is supposedly quite a bit faster.

Quote:Why not getting a M5 ? It's got DSLR-like controls and an EVF. Plus the AF is supposedly quite a bit faster.
I totally dislike EVFs. I have a DSLR for DSLR like controls. I'd rather get a 100D/200D instead. AF is fast enough, for the kind of camera. So, no reason to replace it with a M5. I only got the M because of the very low price, anyway.

Living without my prefered gear for one month... - Rover - 03-10-2017

My condolences to the OP. I felt my 30D sucked ten years ago - and getting rid of it was a liberation for me - so using it now is probably a pain. And since the 5D is operationally the same - though even slower - I can imagine a very frustrating experience.

Living without my prefered gear for one month... - Brightcolours - 03-10-2017

At the time, they were the nicest DSLRs to use. But yes, things have come a long way, controls wise. I had a 350D with a similar control scheme, and was fine with it back then. When I now handle a 350D, indeed I get puzzled and frustrated with how and where to set things.

Living without my prefered gear for one month... - toni-a - 03-10-2017

Well maybe this happened at the right time.

Got some ilford HP5 and delta rolls, and will be having a mostly film month..

so my main camera will be EOS 30 (film not 30D) digital will help me for verifying exposure in tricky situation if ever. 

As for mother's day babies shooting, 5D plus 24-105 should do the job, I will nonetheless have some help from friends Zahi and Ghas using 7D and 5DMKIII, and since I am the only one familiar with reflectors baby posing and lighting, I might be too busy to hold a camera all the time