Opticallimits
Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Just Talk (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ (/showthread.php?tid=513)

Pages: 1 2

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - toni-a - 11-01-2016

Yongnuo seems to be copying Canon lenses after the 50mm f1.8 and 35mm f2.0 now we have the 100mm f2.0 

I already tried the 50mm f1.8 and found it was a very close clone to Canon 50mm f1.8 In used to have.

Any plans of testing the Yongnuos ?

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - chrismiller - 11-01-2016

I just don't see the point of these lenses, the canon ones are good and reasonably priced. Added the fact there are loads for sale on the second hand market at even lower prices I'm not sure why people would go for these.

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - davidmanze - 11-01-2016

I see the point of these lenses "if" and it's a big if, they are of a quality to rival Canon/Nikon glass, the 35mm and 50mm do not do this and as Chris says there is a plethora of very decent S/H glass that struggles to sell.

We will have to wait and see if this latest offering is yet another Yongnuo "also ran"!

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - toni-a - 11-01-2016

Well yongnuo 50mm f1.8 is selling pretty well, that's why they made the 35mm f2.0

if they weren't making good sale with their 2 lenses they wouldn't have gone for the 100mm f2.0.

Personally when someone with an entry level DSLR with the kit 18-55 asks for a good lens I am recommending youngnuo 50mm f1.8, 

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - nuke12 - 11-01-2016

I can't compare to the Canon lenses but they don't equal the Nikon versions in the Nikon mount of the same focal length. They are cheap but I'd pay the bit more to have the real deal.

Can't say about this newest lens but I have no reason to think it will be any different.

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - Rover - 11-01-2016

Remember the Chinese home market might be pretty different from the one in other countries - maybe the trade in second hand lenses is not as well developed, and the income level is probably way less than in the Western Europe / US so the price that seems reasonable to a westerner may not be as affordable to a Chinese. That's a little like what happened over here 2 years ago when $/€ suddenly became twice as expensive over a very short period of time - and ditto the imported goods sold for these currencies. It's been bouncing back but not as quickly as one would've hoped, so the demand for cheapskate lenses has increased and for top of the line professional ones shrunk exponentially.

I might've been able to afford - say - a Canon 100-400 II before, after a lot of scraping and saving, but now it's firmly out of question - at least for the foreseeable future.

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - Brightcolours - 11-01-2016

Quote:I can't compare to the Canon lenses but they don't equal the Nikon versions in the Nikon mount of the same focal length. They are cheap but I'd pay the bit more to have the real deal.

Can't say about this newest lens but I have no reason to think it will be any different.
The Yongnuo 50mm f1.8 and 35mm f2 for Canon are pretty weak lenses, to be frank.

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - Rover - 11-02-2016

I'm still wondering why they insist on copying most of the stuff down to the last decorative stripe (the 35/2 not so much but its ancestry is still pretty obvious). If they had devised a different casing design they might've even gotten away with what they're doing (although so far, it still does look like they will get away).

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - JJ_SO - 11-02-2016

If they just want to flood their own market with "genuine Canon lenses, originally copied in China", they will for sure get away. And for the rest of the guys buying this crap copies from abroad, the only thing what matters appears to be "super dirt cheap" and might be enough.

Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$ - Rover - 11-02-2016

Well, I probably wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. I have my standards, and am not a total cheapskate - despite what I may seem at times. Smile