Opticallimits
Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Canon EOS (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount (/showthread.php?tid=5338)

Pages: 1 2

Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - Klaus - 08-29-2022

https://photorumors.com/2022/08/28/viltrox-we-have-been-told-by-canon-to-stop-selling-all-rf-mount-products/

I don't know whether this is good or bad for Canon but it's certainly bad for customers.

RE: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - thxbb12 - 08-29-2022

A very bad move for customers for sure.
If I ever were interesed in the system, this type of move would definitely turn me off for good.

RE: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - Rover - 08-30-2022

Like I said - one of the reasons why if I ever go mirrorless, in all likelihood it won't be a Canon unit I'll be buying despite being a Canon EF user for the last 15+ years.
If Nikon follows suit however, I'll be wary of using their stuff too.

RE: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - Klaus - 08-30-2022

I think CaNikon see themselves as the Apple of the camera world - despite having no standout aspect.

RE: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - borisbg - 08-31-2022

If I recall correctly it happened with Samyang too.
I haven't seen the market share of mirror-less market lately. I am sure such move will be a turn off for large number of none-pro photographers.

RE: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - davethebirder - 09-28-2022

Many utubers are now showing their distaste with Canon's announcement that they will take action against third party lens manufacturers if they don't stop producing lenses for the R mount .... this is not going down well with the likes of ........ Tony Northrup ...... the mild mannered and likable Christopher Frost,  and a "whole slew" of other previously smitten Canon advocates  .... 

Many are annoyed enough to reconsider their brand intentions ...... 

How ironic it would be if it cost Canon a significant percentage of their market share ?? .....  

There I go getting all morally political again ........ Smile

RE: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - toni-a - 09-30-2022

(09-28-2022, 04:51 PM)davethebirder Wrote: Many utubers are now showing their distaste with Canon's announcement that they will take action against third party lens manufacturers if they don't stop producing lenses for the R mount .... this is not going down well with the likes of ........ Tony Northrup ...... the mild mannered and likable Christopher Frost,  and a "whole slew" of other previously smitten Canon advocates  .... 

Many are annoyed enough to reconsider their brand intentions ...... 

How ironic it would be if it cost Canon a significant percentage of their market share ?? .....  

There I go getting all morally political again ........ Smile

Canon are known for studying the market well and taking adequate decisions when it comes to marketing.

Sadly their ultimate aim is to make profit, if we check around us in the world after the pandemic, we can easily see that RAW material and parts became scarce, shipping is more and more expensive, while demand for new cameras itself is dropping down.

Large volume sales is too risky and non profitable anymore.

Obviously this is not good news for everybody, Canon has no problem selling less gaining more...

Till things change globally this will be the trend, since you have few  RAW material and shipping is expensive why waste precious resources on cheap low profit products.

You might argue they are losing their large fan base and on the long term it's a dangerous strategy, probably they have already  discussed this issue and are fine with it.

I expect  more expensive high end gear coming

RE: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - davethebirder - 10-01-2022

Toni wrote:

"I expect more expensive high end gear coming"

OK, but are you figuring on buying any of it? ........ Smile

RE: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - toni-a - 01-21-2023

(10-01-2022, 06:59 AM)davethebirder Wrote: Toni wrote:

Depends on whatb they will offer and of course the pricing 

For instance if they release the promised 20-40mmf4 pancake at a reasonable price I would be absolutely tempted.

RE: Canon killed Vitrox in R mount - davidmanze - 01-21-2023

(01-21-2023, 05:30 AM)toni-a Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 06:59 AM)davethebirder Wrote: Toni wrote:

Depends on whatb they will offer and of course the pricing 

For instance if they release the promised 20-40mmf4 pancake at a reasonable price I would be absolutely tempted.
  I like that .... "absolutely tempted" ...... as in "might do"  ...... Smile