Opticallimits
Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Canon EOS (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced (/showthread.php?tid=5509)

Pages: 1 2

Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - Klaus - 04-20-2023

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/rf100-300mm-f2-8-l-is-usm?color=White&type=New

RE: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - wim - 04-20-2023

(04-20-2023, 08:43 AM)Klaus Wrote: https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/rf100-300mm-f2-8-l-is-usm?color=White&type=New

And guess what? Lens hood and cap are included .... Smile 

Kind regards, WIm

RE: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - Klaus - 04-20-2023

But this doesn't mean that the price tags for the hood and caps aren't absurd ;-)

RE: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - davidmanze - 04-20-2023

(04-20-2023, 11:36 AM)wim Wrote:
(04-20-2023, 08:43 AM)Klaus Wrote: https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/rf100-300mm-f2-8-l-is-usm?color=White&type=New

Kind regards, WIm

Well fancy that ..... who would have thought it ?? 

Canon throws in a lens hood and caps on a $10,000 lens .... small wonder you're laughing Wim .....

... whatever you do don't lose it ...... Smile

RE: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - toni-a - 04-21-2023

(04-20-2023, 03:06 PM)davidmanze Wrote:

Kind regards, WIm

Canon throws in a lens hood and caps on a $10,000 lens .... small wonder you're laughing Wim .....

... whatever you do don't lose it ......  Smile

While the price tag of the cap and hood aren't justified, the pricing itself is in line with competitors  pricing, all manufacturers are doing the same....

RE: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - wim - 04-21-2023

Kind regards, WIm

... whatever you do don't lose it ...... Smile
I am pretty sure you realize I am grinning because of the rumors thread in which people became indignified because of the possibility neither were supplied with the lens, but had to be bought separately ....

Cheerio, Wim Wink

RE: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - davidmanze - 04-21-2023

(04-21-2023, 10:26 AM)wim Wrote:

Kind regards, WIm

I am pretty sure you realize I am grinning because of the rumors thread in which people became undignified because of the possibility neither were supplied with the lens, but had to be bought separately ....

Cheerio, Wim Wink

Of course I realized why you were grinning .....  I was just having a general anti Canon wind up due to my dustbin full of Canon printers, the R5 overheating scam and especially the recent ban on third party lenses (which is everything I hate about Corporation business's) ....
 ..... mind you if it had been the case needless to say I would have been delighted ....... Smile

RE: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - wim - 04-22-2023

(04-21-2023, 10:55 AM)davidmanze Wrote:

Kind regards, WIm

I am pretty sure you realize I am grinning because of the rumors thread in which people became undignified because of the possibility neither were supplied with the lens, but had to be bought separately ....

Cheerio, Wim Wink

Of course I realized why you were grinning .....  I was just having a general anti Canon wind up due to my dustbin full of Canon printers, the R5 overheating scam and especially the recent ban on third party lenses (which is everything I hate about Corporation business's) ....
 ..... mind you if it had been the case needless to say I would have been delighted ....... Smile
Smile
I have never had problems with Canon printers. The only printers giving me troubles were Epson ones, although my office one has been holding up nicely (no photo printer, however) and, mostly, HP ones, which I will likely never buy again.

As to the R5 overheating issues; that can happen if you create stuff that is on the bleeding edge. For me it would be a still image machine, so likely no issues. And if I see the images it produces, I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

As to the lenses: I gave up on a bunch of 3rd parties in this regard, basically because of all the AF-issues I experienced, apart from the colour casts, edge and corner sharpness issues, etc., so I prefer to stick to OEM lenses anyway. Both Nikon and canon have litigated with companies who imported their lenses from other EU-countries, and managed to close them down, supposedly because of support and warranty issues, so nothing really new in this regard. Anyway, I just use a single 3rd party lens currently, but then there is no one else who makes a comparable lens. EF-mount, but there are Adapters from Canon themselves, so no problem AFAIAC.

Since I really like the Canon UI, the fact that I can actually focus correctly manually with Canon bodies (I have a weird eye problem, preventing me from using MF with most other cameras), and the rendering their sensors, processors and lenses do, I will stick with Canon. And I am using a lot of EF-lenses with adapter still, and happy with that.

The only other system I will keep on using is my Olympus setup, with mostly Olympus lenses, and basically for the same reasons, for when I need a smaller setup. Rendering is very similar to Canon, and I just love that. I almost sold all of my MFT stuff before the Pen-F arrived on the scene, basically because I did not like the rendering of the Panasonic bodies and lenses I was using at the time, even though I liked the system a lot.

Anyway, horses for courses, and to each their own, obviously. Smile

Kind regards, Wim

RE: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - davidmanze - 04-22-2023

(04-22-2023, 03:14 PM)wim Wrote:
(04-21-2023, 10:55 AM)davidmanze Wrote:
(04-20-2023, 11:36 AM)wim Wrote: And guess what? Lens hood and cap are included .... Smile 

Kind regards, WIm

Cheerio, Wim Wink

Smile
I have never had problems with Canon printers. The only printers giving me troubles were Epson ones, although my office one has been holding up nicely (no photo printer, however) and, mostly, HP ones, which I will likely never buy again.

As to the R5 overheating issues; that can happen if you create stuff that is on the bleeding edge. For me it would be a still image machine, so likely no issues. And if I see the images it produces, I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

As to the lenses: I gave up on a bunch of 3rd parties in this regard, basically because of all the AF-issues I experienced, apart from the colour casts, edge and corner sharpness issues, etc., so I prefer to stick to OEM lenses anyway. Both Nikon and canon have litigated with companies who imported their lenses from other EU-countries, and managed to close them down, supposedly because of support and warranty issues, so nothing really new in this regard. Anyway, I just use a single 3rd party lens currently, but then there is no one else who makes a comparable lens. EF-mount, but there are Adapters from Canon themselves, so no problem AFAIAC.

Since I really like the Canon UI, the fact that I can actually focus correctly manually with Canon bodies (I have a weird eye problem, preventing me from using MF with most other cameras), and the rendering their sensors, processors and lenses do, I will stick with Canon. And I am using a lot of EF-lenses with adapter still, and happy with that.

The only other system I will keep on using is my Olympus setup, with mostly Olympus lenses, and basically for the same reasons, for when I need a smaller setup. Rendering is very similar to Canon, and I just love that. I almost sold all of my MFT stuff before the Pen-F arrived on the scene, basically because I did not like the rendering of the Panasonic bodies and lenses I was using at the time, even though I liked the system a lot.

Wiim
Kind regards, Wim

Wim ... If you hadn't already realized .... I'm a provocative unreasonable opinionated bar steward with very fixed ideas ...... so much so  that if anyone accused me of being such, I would deny it vehemently ..... 
 I love a good argument ..... which is why I still miss the back and forth I had with BC .... Smile

RE: Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM announced - wim - 04-23-2023

(04-22-2023, 09:55 PM)davidmanze Wrote:
(04-22-2023, 03:14 PM)wim Wrote: Smile

Wiim
Kind regards, Wim

Wim ... If you hadn't already realized .... I'm a provocative unreasonable opinionated bar steward with very fixed ideas ...... so much so  that if anyone accused me of being such, I would deny it vehemently ..... 
 I love a good argument ..... which is why I still miss the back and forth I had with BC .... Smile
I know, I know.you do need to know that I am rather stubborn myself, and a person who reacts seriously to a comment made towards me, whether meant seriously or not, even if I know or realize ....
It is one of the things my lovely spouse teases me with, a lot .... <ROFL>.
I just can't help myself .... Smile
Kind regards, Wim