Opticallimits
Sony Alpha 6500 announced - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Sony (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Sony Alpha 6500 announced (/showthread.php?tid=555)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - Klaus - 10-06-2016

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/interchangeable-lens-cameras/ilce-6500

The pricing is crazy 

1400 USD

1700 EUR

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - southerncross - 10-06-2016

They don't expect to sell a lot so they priced accordingly. 

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - Klaus - 10-06-2016

Quote:They don't expect to sell a lot so they priced accordingly. 

Well, to be fair - the camera prices are going nuts lately across the board.

It seems as if they are following the motto - half the sales now, so we have to double the price tags.

The upcoming Oly E-M1 II and Pana GH5 seem to be even more expensive.

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - chrismiller - 10-06-2016

My guess is Sony can't produce enough sensors, so are starting at a high price.

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - youpii - 10-06-2016

Also don't forget that USD & EUR have dropped considerably against the JPY

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - Guest - 10-07-2016

Bring out the lenses

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - Brightcolours - 10-07-2016

Just a bit odd to wait till after Photokina to announce it.

Everyones favorite feature here (apparently) is still missing: headphone plug. Wink

Biggest issues remain, regrettably: The heavy rolling shutter effect of the A6300 (same sensor so no surprises there) and the wonky compressed RAW format from Sony.

Camera is not a replacement fro the A6300, but rather sits above it. The IBIS has added 5mm to the thickness of the camera. A new more durable shutter is included.

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - marco - 10-07-2016

Less and less people are buying cameras and many are older, so they have more money in average. So the price increase and the retro trend are quite reasonable.

Actually I do not care so much anymore. I travel a lot and for me a smaller camera is preferable. So I left system cameras behind and use fixed cameras exclusively which gives me much more freedom to choose.

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - davidmanze - 10-07-2016

Quote:Well, to be fair - the camera prices are going nuts lately across the board.

It seems as if they are following the motto - half the sales now, so we have to double the price tags.

The upcoming Oly E-M1 II and Pana GH5 seem to be even more expensive

For some years now we been getting a lot more camera for our money and getting more than we sometimes need in a camera.

Somewhere down the line something has to give and it could be here that we start to see a move to make camera production more profitable and stand up in it's own right, not just relying on lens profits.

Samsung and Gopro are examples of the failed and the failing and Sony huge though it is, is not immune to market changes.

Perhaps we're seeing accountants pressure overriding the marketing guys.

Are we getting to the point that we are running put of affordable useful improvements in modern technology? As far as I can see with the X-T2 and the D500 there's not too many roads left to go down, maybe two cameras that are approaching perfection, or at least as we currently know it!

Sony Alpha 6500 announced - davidmanze - 10-07-2016

Quote:Just a bit odd to wait till after Photokina to announce it.

Everyones favorite feature here (apparently) is still missing: headphone plug. Wink

Biggest issues remain, regrettably: The heavy rolling shutter effect of the A6300 (same sensor so no surprises there) and the wonky compressed RAW format from Sony.

Camera is not a replacement fro the A6300, but rather sits above it. The IBIS has added 5mm to the thickness of the camera. A new more durable shutter is included.
 Still missing?  Surely omitted to create  built in obsolescence, four models down the road they will finally fit one!  Tongue  Rolleyes