Opticallimits
Fuji GFX 50 S medium format - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Fujifilm (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Fuji GFX 50 S medium format (/showthread.php?tid=584)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Fuji GFX 50 S medium format - JJ_SO - 09-19-2016

Download Fujifilm GFX 50S Catalgue + More Videos + FIRST SAMPLES + GF LENS ROADMAP

Sorry, I'm busy reading the specs...

But looks yummy. Although I don't consider 43.8 × 32.9 mm as  "medium format" - what stays below 42 × 56 mm is to me blown up FF  Big Grin Oh, and if there's µ4/3, this is a ?4/3? Being 2.5 × more? 55 mm normal focal length...

Fuji GFX 50 S medium format - Klaus - 09-19-2016

Yeah, we have blurry lines between the different formats these days.

I was always wondering why APS-H wasn't more popular. At least Sigma will give us something there ;-)

Fuji GFX 50 S medium format - JJ_SO - 09-20-2016

Well....

One of the rare reviews of the Sigma comes from digitalrevTV's second chanenel, called "Bokeh".

"Looks like horseshit", because sentences like this create three click more, "no video", boohoo, how dare Sigma? Another 21.000 viewers thing, yes, but not everything he says is wrong  Sad Sigma is sabotaging their own cameras, it appears and Warren never looked into the manual where for sure was a sentence like "don't use Super Fine Detail mode for moving subjects". I have to say, my original plan, to use X-T2 for the quicker action in low light and a Sigma SD quattro for landscape already disappears. Sigma itself made me clear how stupid that would be at the moment. A software close to unusable, price in Switzerland like 50% more - thanks, I'll pass.

But this Fuji comes surprisingly with a set of 6 lenses instead of the only 3 predicted by the Rumors site. Wow, they are sort of serious...

[Image: fujifilm-gfx-3.jpg]

Oh.

PhaseOne, Hasselblad, CaNikon? Eat this...

Although for me a "tilt adapter" is something I want to see between lens and body, not as a finder accessory.

Fuji GFX 50 S medium format - Rover - 09-20-2016

Looks like I got a birthday present from the photo industry today! Opening DPReview in the morning - it's only the second site I'm checking every day - I found a never-ending stream of product announcements, like this one. Who cares that I may eventually buy, like, one of these products (and it's definitely not the medium-format camera)? I enjoy reading about this stuff all the same.

Quote:Yeah, we have blurry lines between the different formats these days.

I was always wondering why APS-H wasn't more popular. At least Sigma will give us something there ;-)

It's forever popular among meself! Me and my Canon 1D Mark IV - 'til death do us part... (though I have to admit, sometimes I'm cozying up to my wife's 650D... but the 1D doesn't seem to mind the three-ways).

Fuji GFX 50 S medium format - Ayoh - 09-20-2016

Well it seems Pentax will be quite screwed in the future as it seems pointless to buy the giant 645z compared to this. Unless the main market for this gear is old guys who prefer to carry oversized antique DSLRs style medium format cameras for the sake of OVF. 

However if they launch a 100MP full sized MF mirrorless system then they could have something interesting, although knowing their poor foresight all the new 645z lenses are probably only crop compatible and will not work with a full sized sensor. 

Fuji GFX 50 S medium format - Klaus - 09-20-2016

It's really nice to see how Fuji reinvented themselves. At the end of the film era they were pretty much doomed - just like Kodak/Agfa - their camera business was rather pathetic and they were fairly late in the system game ... yet they managed.

That being said they are still just a shadow of CaNikon at the moment.

I don't know how to rate this "shadow of CaNikon" at the moment  Huh They are apparently listening to their customers and delivering firmware updates no other manufacturer dares to do. After all, they did lift a couple of models to higher or newer ones instead of milking teir customers with more hardware. That might be because they need to be economical in production. But after all, this behavior is very much what I want from "my" brand. Like Sigma gives also firmware improvements to their customers. But I'm afraid, if Fuji would get bigger, some bean counters would abandon this customer friendly way again.

Fuji GFX 50 S medium format - Guest - 09-20-2016

Is this sensor the same aspect ratio as 6x7 or is it closer to 6x4.5. I know physically (magnification) it is smaller. A lot smaller. Was kind of hopeful it would be a replacement for the old mamiya 7.

Fuji GFX 50 S medium format - Brightcolours - 09-20-2016

Quote:Is this sensor the same aspect ratio as 6x7 or is it closer to 6x4.5. I know physically (magnification) it is smaller. A lot smaller. Was kind of hopeful it would be a replacement for the old mamiya 7.
43.8 × 32.9mm.

So it is 4x3 aspect ratio. 6x4.5 also 4x3 aspect ratio. As is MFT, as are your old TV and computer screens.