Opticallimits
Skiing in Bohinj, Slovenia - Printable Version

+- Opticallimits (https://forum.opticallimits.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Just Talk (https://forum.opticallimits.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Skiing in Bohinj, Slovenia (/showthread.php?tid=889)

Pages: 1 2

Skiing in Bohinj, Slovenia - Studor13 - 02-21-2016

If you enjoy skiing, sightseeing and of course photography, check us out:

https://youtu.be/uKb5fFEe8Gc

Skiing in Bohinj, Slovenia - chrismiller - 02-21-2016

Nice, are those IR photos?

Skiing in Bohinj, Slovenia - toni-a - 02-22-2016

Did you take the pictures ?

Skiing in Bohinj, Slovenia - Studor13 - 02-22-2016

Quote:Nice, are those IR photos?

Not IR. I just used one of the Lightroom black and white presets and then adjusted to taste.

Quote:Did you take the pictures ?

Yes. I also did the time-lapses. Actually, one is a time-lapse and one is a pan. I didn't bring my fluid head but I managed to pan it without too much motion jerk after a couple of practice runs going left and right.

The one with a frozen cross was taken with a D70 10 years ago.

Nearly all of the others were with a D800+14-24mm f2.8 and D600+24-70mm f2.8 taken on Thursday the 18th of Feb.

Two were with a Nikon J5 and kit lens one week before. (I was just skiing that day)

Quote:Yes. I also did the time-lapses. Actually, one is a time-lapse and one is a pan. I didn't bring my fluid head but I managed to pan it without too much motion jerk after a couple of practice runs going left and right.

The one with a frozen cross was taken with a D70 10 years ago.

Nearly all of the others were with a D800+14-24mm f2.8 and D600+24-70mm f2.8 taken on Thursday the 18th of Feb.

Two were with a Nikon J5 and kit lens one week before. (I was just skiing that day)

Great job, congrats.

If you had  told me you were there and you took no pictures, I guess the guys here  would have wrote to Nikon to stop selling you cameras and lenses.

Skiing in Bohinj, Slovenia - chrismiller - 02-22-2016

This is my effort from the last time I went skiing at Glen Coe, Scotland:

[Image: GlenCoe.jpg]

Quote:Great job, congrats.

If you had  told me you were there and you took no pictures, I guess the guys here  would have wrote to Nikon to stop selling you cameras and lenses.

Well, you know that it really isn't necessary to take a lot of photos.

Sometimes we just love cameras and lenses. And there's nothing wrong with that, right?

Unfortunately that's what most of us are doing: collecting cameras and lenses instead of going out and shooting...

I am in urgent need for a vacation or at least a weekend where I will be shooting, I miss sitting behind the camera on tripod awaiting for the best colors of the sunset. Everyday while driving  back home, I watch the sunset and wish I could be shooting it.

Skiing in Bohinj, Slovenia - JJ_SO - 02-22-2016

Quote:Unfortunately that's what most of us are doing: collecting cameras and lenses instead of going out and shooting...

I am in urgent need for a vacation or at least a weekend where I will be shooting, I miss sitting behind the camera on tripod awaiting for the best colors of the sunset. Everyday while driving  back home, I watch the sunset and wish I could be shooting it.
So, why you're not?

That makes you belong to "most of us collecting lenses"  ^_^

Maybe others of the "most of us" also have daytime jobs - and what is wrong with taking the photo bag twice a month and get some nice pictures home instead of trying to do each day? Over at Nikon rumors they have a "one picture each day" for each month of the year. Some of them are nice and others - to me, and being blunt as I am - are a waste of traffic but of course mean something to their makers. Subjects are repetitive and very often just decorative.

Now, why put more pictures into the net? Its already exploding. I'm quite happy to only see them occassionally. For myself I think it's okay for me not to pollute the net with more average or lower than average pictures - I don't have a lot of really really good works and I don't think I ever used 5 ☆ to rate my products. I made some people happy with them, but my own scale grows daily.