Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got the Sony α6700
I've just quickly tested it for fifteen minutes, because I'm extra busy in these days — it will have the baptism of fire next week, on a photo trip (weather allowing, forecast is not good at the moment).

It's quite clearly the best APS-C so far from Sony and if I understand well in practice the difference with the α7CII is only the sensor size — which is a very good APS-C support from Sony.

But it's the third major iteration of the UI (excluding the NEX-6 which of course was just a pioneer). This is a bit stressing, as owning three different camera bodies (α6300, α6600 and α6700) it is quite hard (and partly impossible) to have them reasonably aligned with customisation. 

Probably the most absurd thing is the lack of an option in the customisation of the front dial (one of the most prominent new features over the previous APS-C bodies) that I find obvious: being Auto ISO so popular these days, it would make sense to have the front dial assigned to ISO auto min. shutter time (the Auto ISO equivalent of setting the shutter time). It's not there.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.