Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma CEO: camera manufacturers should produce also less expensive models
Quote: I feel the world is going more and more in the direction of what's depicted in the movie Idiocracy unfortunately...
Yes. Sad.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
(06-06-2024, 07:00 AM)thxbb12 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 10:43 PM)Klaus Wrote: Maybe I'm just weird - I prefer people in person rather than in a photo. And I must watch myself in a bathroom mirror every morning - that's plenty enough already.

Mind you, my wife always wants us to take pictures of ourselves, but at least she values the inclusion of as much background as possible. Therefore, I use of a tripod (or drone) to include a large part of the scenery around us.

To me, this selfie fad is not very different from people taking pictures of their breakfast and posting them on FB or Instagram.

I feel the world is going more and more in the direction of what's depicted in the movie Idiocracy unfortunately...

I think selfies are beyond being a fad, they are a reality. The breakfast pics have mostly gone (here in the US anyway) unless it's really special. Food pics are still very popular in Asia, as are selfie sticks.

Cultural differences might also create some havoc in designing a one size fits all less expensive camera. 

Beyond selfies, making short videos is also has become popular. Most are people screaming for attention! Not anything I'm interested in watching. On my recent vacation I saw more phones on Gimbals than I saw ILCs.
I can confess to photographing (sometimes with the camera I have on hand... like the Z9) my food... but mostly only if it's some exotic dish in a posh restaurant, one that I want to remember the look, not just the taste, of. But that happens only very rarely because if I eat at places other than the office, it's Burger King or something like that, at best. I'm a simple, working man. Smile

When I go on a vacation to Asia next time (and Asia it will be), I'll probably photograph the food I'll be buying. Big Grin