Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Fuji flagship camera coming ...
Is the upcoming 200mm f/2 not serious enough? ;-)

No, it's on the roadmap for ages and 200 mm gets you nowhere in APS-C. 300/2.8 or 400/4, then we're talking. 

And as I know Fuji, they will refuse to learn: The lens will have a tiny foot, it will not have a focus limiter you can set up for your own needs, the manual focus again will be wired, and so on. Aperture ring controlled by front dial? I doubt it until I see better.

They will ask serious money for it, yes, but you need a converter to get some reach. With a very heavy lens...

Quote:And people say Sony have bad menus btw Wink
It does..
Over at Fuji rumours is a poll: "Will you buy the X-H1?"

53% (1565 single votes) of the Fuji fanboys say "No", only 21% want to buy. Awkward. There were times you were nearly killed if you said "I prefer not to pay for an IBIS I won't use" and the characteristic replies were "Then switch it off" (Meaning, buy it anyway just to get Fuji the oh-so-deserved world supremacy). 

Big Grin

I think a lot of people find the X-H1 body too big.

I'd love to see IBIS in a XT2 or XE3 for instance and I think I'm not the only one.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
They heard you ... a bit ... Joju ....

Citing dpreview:

"There is, however, a menu option to use the command dials to set aperture when the lens aperture ring is set to 'A'. Similarly, turning the shutter speed dial to 'T' passes control to a command dial, so you can make use of them if you wish."

That bit with the T is already possible on the X-T2, too, as well as setting the exposure compensation to C. With all these exceptions they do question their dial + wheel + ring + button usability concept. I could understand it on a DSLR which doesn't need to be powered to look through a viewfinder. Sort of retro.

But a mirrorless which is even more depending on a battery? Cool, that they gave the X-H1 this possibility. Now give me the next Kaizen update, Fuji. Big Grin

Quote:I think a lot of people find the X-H1 body too big.

I'd love to see IBIS in a XT2 or XE3 for instance and I think I'm not the only one.

I'll wait with a verdict before I can grab one, but I suspect my hands will prefer the bigger one.
I'm wondering about the exposure comp aspect.

dpreview says that you have to press a button - which sounds super odd to me.

PERSONALLY I would prefer to have the front dial for A or T and the back dial for ec.

But then I was socialized during the early EOS era. ;-)

Quote:But then I was socialized during the early EOS era. ;-)

Nobody is perfect...  :lol:

I'm used to the +/- button, it's the same on Nikon. I'm nearly sure you can set up the dials the way you describe as it's odd enough to suit Fuji's usability concept  ^_^

Maybe you can set up the back-dial in A-mode to exposure compensation, but then it will get confusing in S-automatic as it's then the other way round? Btw. anybody using the S-automatic?

Don't tell me you go and get one?  Smile