Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seriously considering 7D mkii
A friend of mine is selling 7Dmkii like new, 10000 shutter actuations for less than 900$

I am using 5D and 750D, I am totally convinced about APS-C and selling my 5D plus full frame lenses, they ate too bulky.

Now would 7Dii offer any advantage over 750D that is more lightweight and has higher resolution ?

Is it worth the upgrade ?
The 7D II is not a lightweight camera in my book; you could just as well keep shooting the 5D, unless you'd want a more modern camera.

If you are seriously considering lightweight, think Fujifilm or MFT. Similar setups with Fujifilm are probably around 50% to 70% weight wise, while MFT is likely around 30% to 40%, of Canon FF.

IQ is good ....

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Do you still keep the fantastic C 17-55/2.8 and  C11-.18?

If yes then buy 7d II.  it is good choice and lightweight setup  

Quote:Do you still keep the fantastic C 17-55/2.8 and C11-.18?

If yes then buy 7d II. it is good choice and lightweight setup

By no means I would ever consider selling my 17-55f2.8 in fact I planned to sell mine and rebuy it brand new, however since mine is working perfectly, all my friends advised I keep it.

I also have 15-85 , 10-18 and 8mm fisheye so I am well equipped for canon crop, the question is would it bring anything over 750 D ?

My 750D has given me nightmares with its autofocus on 17-55 however it works fine in live view mode. If 7D will solve just this i am very happy
Better AF and it'll be in less pieces when/if it falls from a height. 

I'd say go for it. My APS-C aspirations are less (80D), but 7D II is presumably beefier in most regards (except the flippy screen missing, so I heard).

Things got complicated, there's an 80D at a juicy price also 😞 negotiating with both
7D2 gives you AFMA

Quote:7D2 gives you AFMA

That's such a huge factor...... Toni has already had focusing issues there!

Personally I couldn't buy a camera without it, the K10 was the only DSLR I owned that didn't have the feature and I was straight away in a pickle,  the K20 solved that problem!
Quote:7D2 gives you AFMA
AFMA is the main reason for upgrade, however 80D offers it also