Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Tamron 90mm f/2.8 SP VC USD macro (full format review)
http://www.opticallimits.com/canon_eos_f...f28vceosff

Sorry, need to get some better images but the weather was really bad here during the last days.

Bleh; not even APO. Definitely 1 * Smile
Right, utter swill. :-p And seriously, we're lucky to have such an assortment of lenses that don't require you to compromise or mortgage your house. Oh, and speaking of mortgage - Lenstip has just reviewed the OTUS. :-)
So has lensrentals.com as well. And given the availability of enough cash and the wish to use it without AF, it appears to become a reference.

For that price, it'd better demolish all the competition. Oh, and the full frame corners still aren't very sharp wide open and at f/2.0. :-P

Guess the other third party manufacturers will feel obliged to deliver their own strokes as well. If Sigma gets around to making a 50/1.4 A in the vein of their 35, the Otus may very well head for dethronement - if not on sheer performance, then surely on price/performance.

Quote:For that price, it'd better demolish all the competition. Oh, and the full frame corners still aren't very sharp wide open and at f/2.0. :-P

Guess the other third party manufacturers will feel obliged to deliver their own strokes as well. If Sigma gets around to making a 50/1.4 A in the vein of their 35, the Otus may very well head for dethronement - if not on sheer performance, then surely on price/performance.
The corners seem fine at f2, and shooting wide open... why would one need extra sharpness in corners?

Anyway... my 55mm f1.2's vignetting is much worse Wink (as is its background bokeh and just about every aberration).

The Sigma 35mm f1.4 is not in any way of the level of the Zeiss... The Zeiss is really impressive in what it does. That does not mean no other lens maker can't design an equivalent lens, but that lens then too will come at a high price.

Might be needed for low-light shooting. Smile But I'm just splitting hairs, because this is, as Fred Miranda has put it (quoting Roger Cicala I guess) "the absolute best SLR lens". Smile

Quote:The corners seem fine at f2, and shooting wide open... why would one need extra sharpness in corners?

Anyway... my 55mm f1.2's vignetting is much worse Wink (as is its background bokeh and just about every aberration).

The Sigma 35mm f1.4 is not in any way of the level of the Zeiss... The Zeiss is really impressive in what it does. That does not mean no other lens maker can't design an equivalent lens, but that lens then too will come at a high price.
Huh ??? Wide open corners are sharper than nikor center Smile

-

But the thing is too heavy. Crise it is as heavy as a 24-70f2.8 zoom. And it is APO !

btw it blows the Leica Summilux M 1.4/50 out of the water (another 4K lens)

Anyways a bit off topic.

-

Quote:For that price, it'd better demolish all the competition. Oh, and the full frame corners still aren't very sharp wide open and at f/2.0. :-P

Allow Sigma to burn 5 times the money they ask for the 35/1.4 and close to nobody wants to look through a Zeiss. Because Sigma can do it with AF and Zeiss can't. There's already an Otus thread,  so I don't go on here. But all that praised superperformance is a waste of glass if the photographer doesn't have the time and a proper adjusted screen to focus with extreme care.

Below Lenstip's "decency level", that is. I don't know how that translates in real life. Smile

On topic: the Tamron 90 looks sweet for sure, though recently I've dug up some photos made with my 70-200/2.8 IS and a closeup lens I tried in a shop... for a non-dedicated macro shooter like me that might do the trick, since the range, aperture and IS are already there.

Quote:Huh ??? Wide open corners are sharper than nikor center Smile