Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems converting RAW - help appreciated
Really need some help here please.

I am viewing my RAW pictures in Adobe bridge - they are full of colour and depth

I convert them into TIFF using adobe RAW 4.51 - they still look full of colour and depth in Adobe bridge

When I go to look at them in any other software e.g, Canon Zoombrowser or upload them to flickr - they are completely washed out and lacking any vibrancy.

Same happens if I use the Canon RAW converter from CR2 to Tiff.

What am I doing wrong - there must be a way to keep the nice colours in the RAW image ?

I am using the Adobe RGB colour space with 18bit.
[quote name='alexg' timestamp='1309469955' post='9660']

Really need some help here please.

I am viewing my RAW pictures in Adobe bridge - they are full of colour and depth

I convert them into TIFF using adobe RAW 4.51 - they still look full of colour and depth in Adobe bridge

When I go to look at them in any other software e.g, Canon Zoombrowser or upload them to flickr - they are completely washed out and lacking any vibrancy.

Same happens if I use the Canon RAW converter from CR2 to Tiff.

What am I doing wrong - there must be a way to keep the nice colours in the RAW image ?

I am using the Adobe RGB colour space with 18bit.

[/quote]

What you describe is common, if the viewing software is not respecting the Adobe RGB profile. Check whether the images are actually marked as AdobeRGB. However for flickr viewing I would advise to change to standard sRGB. This way everyone will see approximately the right colours, whether or not their viewer understands colour profiles.
enjoy