Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[m43] Apparently GF2 successor, GF1 hack
Hey m4/3 guys,

I've read that a GF2 is in the pipeline, apparently to be revealed on November 4th. Just a rumor though, as far as I know.

More interesting and more concrete is that there's apparently some guys out there that have hacked the GF1 firmware, making it possible to get 1080p HD video. That should be pretty neat. However, one thing I was wondering is whether there's might be a technical reason for why the 1080p video isn't available on a stock GF1. Can one of you think of a reason why it wouldn't be a good idea to enable 1080p? some issues with the sensor maybe?

Chris
[quote name='Chris F' timestamp='1288758678' post='3925']

Hey m4/3 guys,

I've read that a GF2 is in the pipeline, apparently to be revealed on November 4th. Just a rumor though, as far as I know.

More interesting and more concrete is that there's apparently some guys out there that have hacked the GF1 firmware, making it possible to get 1080p HD video. That should be pretty neat. However, one thing I was wondering is whether there's might be a technical reason for why the 1080p video isn't available on a stock GF1. Can one of you think of a reason why it wouldn't be a good idea to enable 1080p? some issues with the sensor maybe?

Chris

[/quote]

I reckon it may have something to do with the power consumption. You need more processing power after all.