Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS
Meh ...

http://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaff...70f3556oss

There was not much to expect from that lens.

You would probably have more fun testing the Loxia, Batis, ZA or GM lenses

It's a kit lens after all. That, and the fact that it's only bundled with the lower resolution A7 cameras - not the A7R - tells something.

Well, essentially all APS-C/MFT kit zoom lenses are pretty good actually (except Sony's).

But yes, FF is a different game.

So I get better images with aps-c and m43 for the same buck? Actually it would be interesting if the measurements would be comparable. So one could compare by money, size or weight constraints. Ideally the would use all the same mount but customers don't push for that.

My impression is that the quality and the total light gathering is much more important for how much a lens cost, it's size and the weight than the sensor size. The output looks quite comparable too except bigger sensors have sometimes a amall dynamic range advantage and a higher resolution.
So is any decent standard zoom lens at all for Sony ILC? There are a few outstanding fixed focus lenses like the 90 macro but so far all the standard zoom lens earns only 1 to 2 stars, excluding the expensive GM. 

Quote:So is any decent standard zoom lens at all for Sony ILC? There are a few outstanding fixed focus lenses like the 90 macro but so far all the standard zoom lens earns only 1 to 2 stars, excluding the expensive GM. 

IMO no. They are too weak at borders and in corners for my taste and use case (landscape, architecture), but a lot of owners are happy with their 16-70 or 24-70.