Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
considering a canon EOS film body your recommendations
I am interested reusing black and white film, I need a film body, obviously Canon EOS since I have the lenses.

I need a big and bright viewfinder to be able of manual focus, and a precise AF since I will be using fast lenses, I need more accuracy than speed, don't care about fps, was considering EOS 30 mainly because of eye control what would you suggest?
EOS 30: Relatively recent body so it has good AF. Eye-Control is a gimmick to some but it's a good way to select AF points. You can also go for a EOS 30V which has E-TTL II if I remember correctly. Otherwise they are similar. Even EOS 33 and 33V are considerable despite the lack of  Eye-Control since it's a pretty alright camera and lightweight.

EOS 50: Can be found for very cheap and they sold a ton of them so it's easy to find as well. Lots of external controls, lightweight body and still decent AF (But shows its age). 

EOS 3: Pretty good AF, 45 points to select from and it has Eye-Control so it's usable as well. It can probably handle anything you throw at it. Not the lightest camera you can buy but it's still around 800g with film and battery, which is managable. Pretty much a 1V without the bulletproof build quality.

EOS 1V: If you can afford one, it's an EOS 3 without the Eye-Control but you can kill someone with it if you want to.

EF-M: Pretty odd and unique camera. Has the EF mount but no Autofocus at all. Comes with old-school split finder with microprism so you can focus manually relatively easy. Bear in mind that most EF lenses have very short focus throws and all EOS cameras have AF-Confirmation beeps even when focusing manually. I like this one for its ergonomics too, only EF mount camera with seperate Aperture and Shutter speed dials.

[Image: Canon-ef-m-three-quarter.jpg]

Try to avoid: Anything with more than 2-digit model number.

Obican you're amazing, the only decent camera I found so far was EOS 30, if you say its focus is accurate enough I am getting it 😊
I own an Elan 7NE and it's a very nice Camera.  It has E-TTL2.  It's nicer than my EOS 630 or the old film rebels.

I bought my Elan 7NE for 50 USD from Keh

Be aware that the EOS3 and EOS1 are very heavy.

Quote:EOS 30: Relatively recent body so it has good AF. Eye-Control is a gimmick to some but it's a good way to select AF points. You can also go for a EOS 30V which has E-TTL II if I remember correctly. Otherwise they are similar. Even EOS 33 and 33V are considerable despite the lack of  Eye-Control since it's a pretty alright camera and lightweight.

EOS 50: Can be found for very cheap and they sold a ton of them so it's easy to find as well. Lots of external controls, lightweight body and still decent AF (But shows its age). 

EOS 3: Pretty good AF, 45 points to select from and it has Eye-Control so it's usable as well. It can probably handle anything you throw at it. Not the lightest camera you can buy but it's still around 800g with film and battery, which is managable. Pretty much a 1V without the bulletproof build quality.

EOS 1V: If you can afford one, it's an EOS 3 without the Eye-Control but you can kill someone with it if you want to.

EF-M: Pretty odd and unique camera. Has the EF mount but no Autofocus at all. Comes with old-school split finder with microprism so you can focus manually relatively easy. Bear in mind that most EF lenses have very short focus throws and all EOS cameras have AF-Confirmation beeps even when focusing manually. I like this one for its ergonomics too, only EF mount camera with seperate Aperture and Shutter speed dials.

[Image: Canon-ef-m-three-quarter.jpg]

Try to avoid: Anything with more than 2-digit model number.
Looks like this is something for TS-E and adapted MF lens shooting...
Got EOS 30 should be trying it this weekend.
Hi Tony-a,

Do you have an update yet on your new adventure? Obican could not have said it better.the EOS e is a fine choice.

Years ago I had a 50E and a 5 and both were great camera's. I am also trying to get hold of a 30. Just in case I want to use film again in the future.

I just bought a 50E a couple of months ago, but I accidently put it in the box with things which had to go to the charity shop. And my dear mother, helpful as she always is, brought the box away a few days ago....... so, I have lost my camera .. my own fault......

Kind regards,

Reinier