Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon camera - best film ones after the Pro 1 1n or 3?
In the nineties, I shot Nikon 8008, was not Pro model, but was almost as good- great build.

Did Canon have a almost like Pro model in 90's or 2000s?

I'm looking for a used Canon film camera that takes EOS lenses. The ones I'm looking at are the 1 or 1N  condition. The 3 is ok, but bit pricier.  I don't need all the features of the 1V which is most expensive.

So : Did Canon have an almost like Pro model in 90's or 2000s almost as good as these- the 1, 1N, 3?

(not interested in Elan,.. bit to low end build)

Thanks.
1, 1N, 3, 5 are all good. I'd even consider the 50 and 30 series.
Thanks, O, I see 10 series good. Wow the 3 I thought was Pro, but was not, went after the 10, and the 5..

I think 50 , 30 series are step below all those.
(02-02-2019, 08:54 PM)kevs Wrote: Thanks, O, I see 10 series good. Wow the 3 I thought was Pro, but was not, went after the 10, and the 5..

The 10 (10, !0s, 10QD), 5 (5, A2, A2E, 5QD) and 3 were all considered top of the range enthusiast / semi-pro cameras. Only the 1-series (1, 1V, 1N) were considered  pro cameras.

Personally, I own a 5, which I could get for a very reasonable price a couple of years ago, but to be very honest, it is just collecting dust Smile. Not enough time in a day .... Smile

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
(02-02-2019, 08:54 PM)kevs Wrote: Thanks, O, I see 10 series good. Wow the 3 I thought was Pro, but was not, went after the 10, and the 5..

I don't expect you to do focus tracking and shoot sports with film, unless you really need spot metering EOS 30 is fine, I own ans use it and am quite happy with it
Question: if you buy these used, what is the situation with batteries and chargers?
no chargers
just disposable batteries, most take 3V lithium batteries not cheap but last like forever if you don't use built in flash.
Don't remember which model takes AA batteries but it's big and heavy
Thanks Toni, ah.. so the big charger and the bulky black batteries, came in with the DLSRS?
Li-ion batteries are rather new, we used to use rechargeable batteries, Ni-mh batteries mainly in AA size for the flash, Ni-mh batteries self drain and thus weren't practical for use for the camera body, besides film bodies don't drain batteries unless you use camera flash. Last time I changed my EOS 30 batteries was in 2015 I shot something like 12 rolls and counting...
You won't be shooting 300 photos a day with film, you will be forced to concentrate in shooting and make every shot count.
From my last Ilford delta roll, I chose to print 12/36 photos five of them in A3 size