Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrying lenses in cars too frequently, any risk ??
I live in Beirut,  however I work in the mountains   at 1100 meters altitude and I drive a very scenic road everyday.
It's good to live in the city and work outside since traffic is always on the opposite side of the road  Cool
The road is made of made of 15 kilometers highway then 15 minutes driving on  a rural road with bumps and holes, I want to carry some photography gear in the car  with me all the time, the mountains  around the road are magnificent covered with snow, cloud formations above and the lighting is sometimes magical.
I have canon  ixus camera with me, but when it comes to snow and clouds and lights beams and to sunset pictures seen from above with clouds underneath you it simply can't handle them and the colors are rather disappointing, so I decided to take good  camera with me keep it always in the car

1) would carrying twice daily lenses on bumpy road damage them ??

2) which combo do you think fit best for  the job especially when it comes to the road  bumbs and risk for lenses  ?
  a-Canon 5D classic plus 24-105
  b-Canon 7Dmkii plus 15-85 or 24-105 since I don't need the wide end 
  c-Sony A6000 but then I need another camera for wife because she  doesn't like big SLRs, 16-50 is too short and    I want to avoid two lenses
  d-the super cheap risk free 30D plus tokina 24-200
Ho toni-a,

It is nort so much a function of the cameras and lenses, but of the way you protect them. Any decent camera bag or case with sufficient padding will protect your camera gear more than well enough, IME. I even carry my stuff on my motorbike, in a decent, padded bag in my saddelbags or top case, and have never encountered any problems.

HTH, kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....