Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When you need to review anything...camera shutter sounds review
Just published by lensrentals 
camera shutter sounds review .....
https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2019/07...r-cameras/

Pentax 645Z
"No one within fifty feet of the Pentax 645Z will have any doubts as to who has territorial dominance in the area. Prove to your friends and neighbors that you’re recording more pixels than they are and, therefore, are the better photographer. I bet your iPhone can’t make this much noise!"
It seems they didn't like Leica SL 601
"Sure, Leica is a German company, but, for this amount of money, the camera should speak French. We expected more rounded corners and less hard edges. The shutter needs to drop some vowels."
(08-01-2019, 09:00 AM)toni-a Wrote: Just published by lensrentals 
camera shutter sounds review .....
https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2019/07...r-cameras/

Pentax 645Z
"No one within fifty feet of the Pentax 645Z will have any doubts as to who has territorial dominance in the area. Prove to your friends and neighbors that you’re recording more pixels than they are and, therefore, are the better photographer. I bet your iPhone can’t make this much noise!"
It seems they didn't like Leica SL 601
"Sure, Leica is a German company, but, for this amount of money, the camera should speak French. We expected more rounded corners and less hard edges. The shutter needs to drop some vowels."

It seems that cameras are becoming jewelry article with no functional meaning.
Then the esthetical aspects are becoming more important. Take for example Swiss watches & SUVs.
Why not camera with 200MPixel, 20 stops DR that makes nice sound even if it is mirroless
"are becoming..."? Leica is doing this business model since over three decades. Nikon and Olympus came out with some "titan" models, Pentax went with colours to click "your own customized" K-m or K-x together - nothing of that has anything to do with the shutter sounds of only 6 different cameras.

I think, it's one of those "Roger is on vacation, let's put some weird stuff in the blog". Zach Sutton is infamous for that and this Ryan Hill dude is no bit better. Actually, I could transform toni's thread title also to "when you don't know what to post, you just look around and find something stupid to rant about." Wink
(08-02-2019, 11:33 AM)JJ_SO Wrote: I think, it's one of those "Roger is on vacation, let's put some weird stuff in the blog". Zach Sutton is infamous for that and this Ryan Hill dude is no bit better. Actually, I could transform toni's thread title also to "when you don't know what to post, you just look around and find something stupid to rant about." Wink
Can I change the title or the quote is copyrighted Big Grin
I kinda loved how the ole' Canon 1D Mark II sounded. Maybe that was part of a reason I became so hung up on square Canons. Smile