Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash for Fuji X-T30
...I have a new X-T30 but no flash...

...I am using a 18-55 and 55-200 lens...I will likely buy the Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x lens next...

...I was advised that one should never use the pop up flash...

...I read that IR focusing assist does not work for Fuji cameras...this and plastic mounts put me off the Flashpoints...

...I read that Fuji flash units are slow to recharge...

...I do not have a studio but would be likely to want to use a flash indoors and out, and some macro...

...I would like it to be small but I do not want it to suk...

...I don't want to spend $500 but $200 would be ok...

...I think I want a "speed light"...

...I was looking at this:

[Image: nind40fj.jpg]

https://www.adorama.com/nind40fj.html
Excellent choice, I own this Nissin i40 (use it on a X-T20) and am very happy with it.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
What's so bad about the Fujifilm EF-42?
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
...charging time between shots...???...it is not a speed light...???...I was seriously considering that unit until chatting with someone @ Andromeda...

...I have no Idea what I am doing per se...

...what would you do...???...

...FWIW I decided to just keep the lenses I have and just keep shooting...

...one thing that helped me decide this is leaving the kit behind one day because it was so "heavy and complicated"...

...it's just the X-T30, the two basic zoom lenses, (18-55, 55-200) two filter sets, two extra batteries...I already have trouble deciding which lens to carry...

...I can see where I want to go wider and this was a surprise...I thought I would want a 1000 mm lens...

(05-20-2020, 11:18 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: Excellent choice, I own this Nissin i40 (use it on a X-T20) and am very happy with it.

...I was a bit put off by the AA's but I have some Eneloop rechargeable AA cells sitting around...

...I actually pulled the trigger on the demo @ Andromeda...I figgered it would not last...

...thanks for the recommendation...

...it is interesting that I was considering the one Klaus mentioned...

...I would likely have bought one if I did not get wound up aboot this speed light business...
Infra red autofus assist won't work on any mirrorless camera that's SLR only feature, Nissin i40 flash doesn't seem to have it anyway.
From the specs seems an awesome flash unit except for speed, and maximum output, although GN 40 is considered fair enough if you are happy with those compromises, go for it.
I'm using GODOX flashguns and they seem to perform well enough. I'm not using them that much, and I'm usually firing them using the remote trigger, but nevertheless they support HSS, TTL and wireless without breaking the bank.

There are two types - these that use standard 4xAA batteries, and some with Lithium batteries.

The most expensive is the V1 with round head.
...I must confess that the whole remote trigger concept is new to me...

...I am immediately grasping the significance of such a feature...