Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone 12 Pro ...
I get your point, but there are "thousands of these stories" about every brand out there if you look for them. On the other hand, there is a multitude of opposite stories, also about all brands out there, but Apple in particular.

In fact, opposite stories to someone else's experience you heard about could be provided by the two editors here Wink

I understand that for many Apple is a no-go brand just because of their "we're so much more better than anyone else" attitude. And honestly, I'd agree to that. While I (still) love their products, their self-adulation whenever they present new products is hard to stand.

On the other hand, from my own experience, their customer support is way ahead of anything else I have experienced in the last years.

(11-08-2020, 11:37 AM)davidmanze Wrote: Lastly and with tremendous joy ......

Well, not sure this is the right place for this topic Wink But still:

My joy is limited. Not because I'm gonna miss him (certainly not), but because after these 4 terrible years he still got 70 million votes.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(11-08-2020, 11:48 AM)mst Wrote: I get your point, but there are "thousands of these stories" about every brand out there if you look for them. On the other hand, there is a multitude of opposite stories, also about all brands out there, but Apple in particular.

In fact, opposite stories to someone else's experience you heard about could be provided by the two editors here Wink

I understand that for many Apple is a no-go brand just because of their "we're so much more better than anyone else" attitude. And honestly, I'd agree to that. While I (still) love their products, their self-adulation whenever they present new products is hard to stand.

On the other hand, from my own experience, their customer support is way ahead of anything else I have experienced in the last years.

(11-08-2020, 11:37 AM)davidmanze Wrote: Lastly and with tremendous joy ......

Well, not sure this is the right place for this topic Wink But still:

My joy is limited. Not because I'm gonna miss him (certainly not), but because after these 4 terrible years he still got 70 million votes.
Yeah as you say ....... but still ....
  ..... apparently he posted on twitter that "if he lost the election he would leave the USA" 
Canada replied that they didn't want him and advised him to try the Mexican border ....... he was last seen in Wallmart buying a set of extension ladders ....... the biggest ones they had ...... Smile
(10-21-2020, 09:54 AM)Klaus Wrote: I'm starting to wonder how often the camera will be "enough".

I'm seriously tempted ...

Direct an short answer is - Yes, it was already 'enough' for the most people at 2020.
We are one year later. All major manufacturers /Apple,Xiaomi,Google/ lunched new phones. All of them target the content creators. It is really nice to see what one young or middle aged content creator can make with smartphone nowadays.
  I'm wonder how big will be the traditional camera business after few years.
My prediction is - consumer and general content creators /youtube,tik-tok/ will be using smartphones.
  Development at the high-end side will be more interesting. Japanese camera manufacturer will be forces to fight against big boys - Hollywood camera or in the lens area against old Zeiss and Leica. 
  Another trend seen at least here in Netherlands is that young generation either choose smartphone either dark room. Traditional digital camera for them are either 'digital rubbish' or to cumbersome to use.
For more info. See the numbers below
1. https://www.cipa.jp/stats/documents/e/dw-202107_e.pdf
2. use google trends tool
3. follow introduction of apple 13, pixel 6, samsung and xiaomi.
Brain hurts.
(09-22-2021, 10:40 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Brain hurts.

Can we stay on topic?
(09-22-2021, 12:25 PM)miro Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 10:40 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Brain hurts.

Can we stay on topic?
Was the topic "ridiculous spelling errors and grammar"?
(09-22-2021, 12:44 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Was the topic "ridiculous spelling errors and grammar"?

No. It also wasn't "inappropriate insults".

I was able to to read miro's post without any major brain pain.
Editor
opticallimits.com

BC.
 ........ Your alacrity to spot English grammatical mistakes and post them out is leading to me to think the process of "reviewing lenses" has become somewhat of a secondary importance to you  ...... 

....... a sort of "never mind the lens's aberrations ....... feel the grammar"

Clearly you have been studying English and have passed an exam with flying colours ....... (bright ones no doubt)  .....

..... and it was only your sheer natural modesty which prevented you from boasting about it ...... Smile
Hi Dave. I do remember a few instances where you corrected my English.

Above post from miro was virtually unreadable before he edited it, not just grammar mistakes but wrong words and strange spelling mistakes. Besides that, the content does desire a bit more thought too.

I have not studied English, just the compulsory english classes in what we called "middelbare school" (I believe you call that "high school"? ).
(09-23-2021, 12:09 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Hi Dave. I do remember a few instances where you corrected my English.

Above post from miro was virtually unreadable before he edited it, not just grammar mistakes but wrong words and strange spelling mistakes. Besides that, the content does desire a bit more thought too.

I have not studied English, just the compulsory english classes in what we called "middelbare school" (I believe you call that "high school"? ).

Since I joined this site the standard of English here has risen out of all proportion .......  from all sides, staff as well as from members ....... and your's BC !...........
 (nothing to do with me to me of course ...... just the general improvements from usage .. Smile )  ......... in fact I'm not even sure how many here are English at all ?.... it's that difficult to tell !! 

....... a second language is a wonderful thing ...... but for most it is a second  language and will never quite equal their natural tongue ...... as French doesn't equal my first ....

........ however, one of the great things about English, is the ability for non English people to make themselves understood even when their vocabulary and grammar are limited .......
 ....... in fact English is probably one of the most abused languages in the world ........ but that has become "it's asset" ........ we know good English and bad ......... and understand both !!

Your ex pat Englishman officially living my life out in France ........ 

dave's clichés