Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yongnuo 100mmf2.0 for 170$
Quote:Well yongnuo 50mm f1.8 is selling pretty well, that's why they made the 35mm f2.0

if they weren't making good sale with their 2 lenses they wouldn't have gone for the 100mm f2.0.

Personally when someone with an entry level DSLR with the kit 18-55 asks for a good lens I am recommending youngnuo 50mm f1.8, 

Fair enough, I just don't see why, a S/H Canon is just way better and they're as cheap as chips!

Oh, my Nikor AF 50mm F1.8D latest version was 40 euros, I just know the Yongnuo won't come near the Nikon which was boxed and has a solid metal mount!

Quote: Fair enough, I just don't see why, a S/H Canon is just way better and they're as cheap as chips!

Oh, my Nikor AF 50mm F1.8D latest version was 40 euros, I just know the Yongnuo won't come near the Nikon which was boxed and has a solid metal mount!
Well in Canon land the old Canon 50mm f1.8 was nothing brilliant with just three aperture blades it failed miserably on the bokeh side, add that it had a very noisy autofocus and mine had a poor reliability autofocus.

In Lebanon a used lens is rare to find it is usually defective or insanely priced, besides used lenses is not a good domain for newbies.

My safest bet is a 50$ lens, Canon 50mm f1.8 STM is three times more expensive.

I used it myself and found it very decent, of course my 50f1.4 is better but surely it wasn't bad, it ended as a birthday present to a friend now happily using it
Quote:Well in Canon land the old Canon 50mm f1.8 was nothing brilliant with just three aperture blades it failed miserably on the bokeh side, add that it had a very noisy autofocus and mine had a poor reliability autofocus.

In Lebanon a used lens is rare to find it is usually defective or insanely priced, besides used lenses is not a good domain for newbies.

My safest bet is a 50$ lens, Canon 50mm f1.8 STM is three times more expensive.

I used it myself and found it very decent, of course my 50f1.4 is better but surely it wasn't bad, it ended as a birthday present to a friend now happily using it
Five blades actually. I own that lens (though it's been ages since I actually used it).