Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I keep Canon 15-85 ?
ENJOY your trip and do not forget to show us some pictures!

Kind regards,

Reinier
Trip started with a small incident, I forgot my polarizer in the plane, but I can live without it 😊
It is raining and overcast over Istanbul, time for a daymare: Going with wife to the souk and malls... When you pay for a dress the price of the best lenses....
I did everything to have a lightweight camera bag, and travel light.

Then.... wife buys 2 kilos of cosmetics and beauty products and put them in your travel bag....

[Image: turkey2016_0406_zpslggijcmy.jpg]

<ROFL>

Your wife must have been most appreciative of you being so kind to remember allowing for space for her buying spree before going on this trip, toni-a Smile.

Kindest regards, Wim Wink

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Last day of my trip.

Didn't take many pictures but I met Obican and we did a great tour of photography shops.

As for the gear not at any instant I didn't have the lens I needed.

17-55f2.8 was the main lens and did an amazing job, 10-18 although slow was awesome for street photography. 8mm fisheye is a must have for architecture and interiors IMHO it was great for shooting ceilings in Topkapi palace.

70-300 unexpectedly very useful for birds even in flight and for the ships on the Bosphorus.

Lenses of little or no use: EFs 18-55 and 50mm f1.4 eclipsed by the versatility of 17-55 I didn't take the risk of traveling with a lens freshly out of repairs I brought them just in case 17-55 fails, it didn't.